“Great value great location”

Eurostars Conquistador
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Cordoba
“Great value great location”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

We found the Hotel Conquistador to be a great place to stay. It is perfectly located and the staff was extremely helpful. The hotel is very busy and caters to Spanish as well as foreign visitors. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We only stayed for one night but would have been happy to have stayed longer.

Our room was a twin and for 2 beds quite small but very clean and well furnished. Bathroom well equiped and very nice. Our window overlooked the inner courtyard which is very pretty and as there was a wedding reception taking place that evening I was worried about the noise but it finished at 11pm and was then quiet enough for a good nights sleep.

Breakfast buffet for 9 euros was well worth the price. Located right in the heart of the historic centre (across from the Mezquita) it made visiting the sights very easy and plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from.
I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tulipsofamsterdam
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I visited this hotel with my fiance a couple of months ago during our stay in Malaga. After driving from Malaga they asked us for documentation to check in the hotel, I had my booking reference and my ID but my fiance didnt have anything, as he left his passport in malaga, and they said we couldnt check in!!!!!!! It didnt say anywhere that we both needed documentation but they stil said he wasnt allowed, they didnt apologise or anything just said, "he should have his ID with him at all times!" I had to get someone to fax his passport for us so we could go in! ridiculous
After all this hassle we thought they would be nice to us.... but noooo!! we got given a room with twin beds instead of a double as we requested and a beautiful view to someone elses window! not even views to the mosque! Oh! and we didnt even have toilet paper, had to phone to ask.... It was a horrible stay, the only good thing was the location, but even for that I wouldnt recommend it, I would have rathered walk to the mosque and be treated nicely!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tali1985
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The hotel is fabulously located adjacent to the Mosque, close to the Old Town and Jewish quarter. The decor is Spanish with a 1980's refurb on top. The rooms are adequate, beds nice and firm, clean marble bathrooms. Clientele includes group tours, which is noticeable - at 9am the breakfast room looked like the aftermath of St Trinian's. The breakfast itself was pretty ordinary - self service, coffee machine, packet juices, soggy bacon, although the croissants and pastries were crisp and fresh.
The service at reception was a little frazzled - phone ringing, a line at the desk - but friendly and welcoming. The cleaner was absolutely lovely, and pretty to boot.
Stay here for the location, and go out to eat. All in all reasonable value.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise stay away from a room looking out on to the street, but if you enjoy Spa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is beautiful and quaint as one can see from pictures posted. its right opposite the Mezquita or Cordoba Cathedral or great Mosque as its known. W had such a hard time finding the hotel though. We were driving down from madrid and reached Cordoba int he night and our garmin took us to his side paved road along the Guadalquivir river which was a do not enter. After circling around in vain and many frustrating attempts at finding the hotel, we were confronted by a barricade and finally walked around it to go on the other side. Then we found the hotel tucked away in a narrow lane opposite the Mezquita. finally they told us how to get our car to the hotel and they had a steep underground ramp to the parking garage which was a nightmare for a manual driven car. I guess it was worth it because the hotel courtyard is absolutely charming even though our room was not good. the bed was horrible, was cold no heat in dec, did not provide another mattress even though we had booked a room for 4 people. Bathroom was very basic as well. We didn't care too much as we were mostly out and stayed only two nights. The hotel had some historical foundations underground which could be viewed below a glass floor. it was lovely to eat in the hotel courtyard with its tinkling fountains, orange trees and archways and tile work. absolutely beautiful. now if only they updated the rooms as well it would be worth the price. Cordoba is an absolutely charming town and I would love to go back again just to savor its atmosphere. We ate paella at a recommended restaurant in one of the alleys and it was so charming. Mezquita we loved too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This hotel is located in the way of the Holy Week processions around the cathedral making it almost impossible reach it after 4 PM when the police close all the streets around the hotel and are full of people who come to watch the processions. I made my reservation for Holy Monday and was a really nightmare reach the hotel. The hotel don't sent me a warning note about this situation and I fell into the trap. A simple email telling me that in those days I must arrive to the hotel before 4 pm would have avoided me many problems!!!. I parked the car in a street about two miles away from the hotel where my wife and the luggage stayed, and I walked to the hotel to ask for help, for some employee that help me to me locate a parking lot and then help me with the bags and the person at the reception told me that it was not an hotel problem and that they could not help me . I had to call the police to help me to find a parking spot and then, I had to take our bags walking through a crowd for about 3/4 of mile to reach the hotel. A bad nightmare. Nothing good in the hotel can erase that bad impression. That is why I am giving to this hotel a very bad review.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank daisymiami
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Just across from The Mezquita. Hotel is very nice and cute, staff is very nice and the best asset would be the location. Take a walk around there and enjoy the beautiful center of Cordoba. They have their own parking but make sure to go with a tiny car, because cars barely fit in those mini streets!

• Stayed January 2013