“Calm and stylish; highly recommended.”
Review of Hotel Viento 10

Hotel Viento 10
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 29 May 2012

A beautifully restored traditional house with patio has been made into a fine stylish modern hotel. Owner Gerardo is a most attentive host and his attention to detail pays off in the quality of the rooms and fittings, and the wonderful breakfasts served in a room looking onto the courtyard. An excellent centre for a stay in Cordoba - a bit out of the crowded tourist centre but still with a sense of the historic nature of the city and providing, as others have said an oasis of calm and coolness.

Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Sorry for the delay to reply your nice review.
I am very pleased you had a calm stay in Viento10.
It is one of my purposes.
The meaning of things is blurred without calm.
Thank you so much for your stay in Viento10.
Kind regards
Owner, manager, receptionist,...

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed for one night at Viento 10, during the heat wave last week, and what a find. We arrived somewhat overheated and stressed, because of road closures which led to difficulty in finding the place. Once there, however, we felt we had stepped into a haven of peace and tranquillity. Gerardo has thought of everything in his design and furnishing of the building, which was part of an old hospital, (and so the healing continues in a different way!) The bed was comfortable, room very peaceful with a wonderful contemporary shower. Everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent, served by Gerardo, who was an excellent host. I would recommend paying the extra for parking at the hotel. There is no vehicular access to the hotel so would advise driving direct to the parking area - liaise with the hotel first. Our only gripe is that we wished we'd stayed longer!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
gerardo h, Owner at Hotel Viento 10, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you very much.
It is really wondefurll all you have written about the hotel and the ancient hospital once were set in this building, and this feeling of healing.
It makes me think about the old buildings in Cordoba and their use along the time.
When I entered in the house that today is Viento10 my first sensation was a mix of fresh air, calm and peace.
With your review I have seen the relation between the old hospital and my sensations.
Thank you so much.
I would like to see you in your future travel to Cordoba.
Owner, Manager, Receptionist,...

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Last week we arrived in Cordoba after spending some days in Andalusia, staying in very good hotels. Because of that, our expectations of Viento10 were very high. At our arrival, my spouce and I had bad vibes on the hotel: small and tiny streets, no big facade, no real hotel on the outside... But then: when we entered the hotel we were astonished by the great design of this small hotel, and especially by the warmth and friendlyness of the owner and his his female friend. This is not just a hotel that welcomes guests (read customers)! the warmth is real and a great reveal to frequent travellers. Do you need advice on the city, a jacouzzi, sauna, an extraordinary breakfast, or just some small talk with the hotel staff: Viento 10 serves it. Sorry Gerardo, but 10 is the highest you can get...Therefore you get 11 from us. We hope to see you again very soon. Thanks for the enjoyable stay.

2  Thank WVanHeesvelde

Dear Wim & Dominique,
I have read your review.
Thank you very much to express what you really felt when you were arriving and the bad vibes you and your wife have about your arrival to the hotel.
I guess we were talking about the kind of buildings in Cordoba,also in Andalucia and in Morocco, that the outside is nothing special, sometimes only a wall and a door and then once you open the door, things change absolutely.
Cordoba, and the Hotel Viento10 is this inside view. When many guest ask for views I have to answer the hotel has no views. And now I would add that there is an inside view, the view of clam, the view of peace, the view of the silence.
Thank you for make me think about it.
All the best and I would like to see you both again.
Owner, manager, receptionist,...

Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this lovely hotel for one night and we simply loved every minute of it. Cosy, modern, very quiet and in the end our host Mr. Gerardo, he has been wanderful with us, couldn't have been more kind and helping enjoy our visit in Cordoba. If you go to Cordoba we strongly recommend you stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Anna and Roberto,
Thank you very much for your review.
I fell very happy that you have a nice stay.
I have to go to Marbella to knowing your restaurant "Stuzzikini" and try this special sardinian cuisine.
All the best.
Gerardo
Owner

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Gerardo has done a fantastic job restoring this building and developing a hotel which in a matter of months has become one of the best in Cordoba. His design concept, choice of decor and furnishings combine to create a luxurious and relaxing atmosphere. In addition to the rooms and suites Viento 10 boasts an ultra modern sun terrace, (not used during our stay due to mucho rain!) a spa area (used a lot to warm up!) and an attractive lounge/breakfast room. Again, thanks to Gerardo's attention to detail, breakfast was another high point of our stay. If arriving by car it is certainly worth booking car parking space in advance with Gerardo. The car park is secure and close to the hotel but we found it quite difficult to negogiate the back streets of the old town particularly as the hotel has no direct vehicle acess. Perhaps contact Gerardo before arriving for advice? Once in Viento 10 we could forget about the car for the duration of our stay and enjoy the delights of this fantastic little hotel in this fantastic city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter1NS
gerardo h, Owner at Hotel Viento 10, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Dear Peter,
Your review it's gorgeous. Your description of the hotel is fantastic.
Thank you so much for it.
I'm very happy that you had a lovely stay in Viento10 despite the rain.
I had too talking with you and James.
I think your suggestion to call before arrival would be very useful for guests who arrived by car.
All the best for you and James.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

A gem of a place- beautiful, clean, great location, quiet, and friendly. Gerardo is a perfect host. The breakfast is fresh and tasty. I can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
gerardo h, Owner at Hotel Viento 10, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Dafne,
I have read your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I feel very happy with your words.
I wish you all the best and to see you again.
Thanks so much
Owner, Manager, Receptionist,.....

Reviewed 9 May 2012

One lovely boutique hotel we booked ourselves into the Junior suite and we loved it.Unfortunately we stayed one night and as our flight got delayed we couldn`t do much in Cordoba.The breakfast was delicious it was the best continental breakfast we had by far for 6euros.The owner was very nice he managed to arrange it for us at the last minute.
He was freindly and helpful .The hotel is in a very nice location.About 10 mins walk to the museaums ,15 to the mesquito and abt 20 mins stroll to the city.There is huge shopping mall located 10 mins away.We found a nice small art gallery that sold lovely paintings.Nice and safe hotel loved the hotel decor.
Only con was the wifi didnt work after a while.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
gerardo h, Owner at Hotel Viento 10, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Lakshi,
I appreciate very, very much your opinion on Tripadvisor and I'm very grateful too
Next time you have to spend more time in Cordoba and in Viento10.
It was a pleasure for me to serve you both.
I am planing to introduce new flavors at breakfast.
Thanks a lot.