Hotel Mezquita
US$133
US$126
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hotel Los Patios(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$112
US$154
US$132
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Las Casas de La Juderia(Cordoba)
US$213
US$192
AC Hotel Cordoba(Cordoba)
US$123
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Eurostars Patios De Cordoba(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$143
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hacienda Posada de Vallina(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$231
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$82
San Miguel(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$128
All reviewsgreat locationantique furnitureold mansionsingle roomliterally stepsdirectly across the streetair conmosque cathedralcentral locationquiet at nightgreat mosqueother hotelsgood sizeparking garagehotel roomhotel is perfectbudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was very shocked at the behaviour upon my arrival to this hotel, especially because it was a Rick Steves recommendation in his guide. I had booked on Expedia a double room a few days before I left on my holiday. The room I received was maybe 10 x 10. I am a previous real estate person and know the sizes of rooms. At 9 pm, I had trudged up multiple flights of stairs with no bellperson, in the dark on occasion as the lights are on energy movement timers, and I didn't know where the switches were yet. Luckily, I had a flashlight on me which came in handy to get the key in. So, I went back to the desk to state that I had booked a much larger double room. The desk clerk argued that it had a double bed in it, but I said that Expedia showed a pic of a much larger room and said 21 ft. We kept arguing so I asked for the Wifi code so I could show him on Expedia. This is the shocker - while I was looking it up on Expedia, he went on the computer and deleted the description from Expedia so that it briefly flashed on my phone showing the correct description then change to reading only "double room." I checked the other descriptions and they were all still fully intact, full paragraphs with room sizes. I was stunned and said that I would phone Expedia. Finally, after further debate, he assigned me a superior one facing the Mezquita and told me that it was worth much more than I paid. He also said I may have to move the next night of my two night stay. He made the whole thing seem like my fault. I think what happened was that they overbooked or he was just trying to fill his single room. He should have just politely offered me a complimentary upgrade or a price reduction for which was a single room that they stuffed a double bed into. As a solo traveller, I then felt unsafe on my first night for the only time on my entire trip. I went to two other hotels that evening and Hotel M. seemed very friendly and were going to accommodate me if the situation worsened. It didn't. Another funny note was that the room description was back up that night when I looked at my phone and read 21 sq ft room [they don't even understand how to write room measurements as that room would be just larger than a 4' x 4' room]. .

This is the unfortunate part for the hotel. The second room I received was very nice, a large size with a nice view of the Mezquita. The superior double is 16 ft wide. The rest of the staff were very informative and helpful.

The buffet did not look good so I had a coffee and pastry, the famous Pastis Cordoba, at the bakery off another hotel on the side of the Mezquita facing the river. Great coffee and nice pastries so save your money and don't get the buffet. Items were turning brown.

So, buyer beware, one way or other, you get what you pay for. There was another couple who were walked to a previous hotel after overbooking in a previous review. I think this is why they don't have you pay through Expedia.

Floor plan attached. The first room they gave me was facing an inner open area that looked like a large chute [labelled patio/yard on Evacuation Map]. You can see it was a single room. The good room they gave me after was the bottom right.

I won't be coming back to this hotel. This is the only really poor rating I have ever given.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Rhiannon5
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Córdoba, Spain is a fascinating and charming city to visit if you love history and the old world scene. This hotel is NOT a grand hotel but it is in a very convenient and strategic location in the historic district just across the street from the grand Mezquita de Córdoba and other areas of interest which is a real plus. The rooms are not large but are adequate, clean and have A/C ( a must if you visit in the summer). The price depends on the time of the year you choose to go. We paid 50 euros a night without breakfast. We decided to add breakfast which was served buffet style in a lovely inner courtyard and the price was 8 euros. However is was quite disappointing. We like to count on a reasonably varied buffet breakfast before taking off to all day tours. If that is also your case you will not be pleased with breakfast in the hotel. Also, when visiting Andalucia and choose to drive a car, bear in mind that getting to some of these hotels located in historic districts can be a challenge since the streets are very narrow. Most of them do not have parking and you need to park in a public parking and get to the hotel walking or by taxi. That was the case with this hotel. In general the staff is not all that friendly or outgoing and there was no bell boys to help with luggage and such. ( The absence of staff to help with luggage was was pretty much observed in other hotels we stayed) However, we also had a serious inconvenience (with fortunately, no consequences) and the hotel manager made up by waiving the breakfast and gave us a day room so we could do a late checkout. As mentioned by another reviewer the hotel's ground floor is nicely decorated and inviting to relax in some corner to read a book. However in the summer it's probably not the best choice since there is no A/C there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Mezquita.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We really enjoyed Cordoba, traveled there by car, got into town and someone helped us find the parking garage by motioning us to follow him. We parked and walked maybe three blocks to the hotel, which we had booked the night before over the internet. The hotel was very good, we had a nice clean room, our internet worked perfect in our room on the second floor, although they told us there was no internet in the rooms. We were only there one night and did not have the breakfast. It is a very old hotel which could do with an upgrade which could easily be done by changing things like the curtains and such. The elevator did not work. It was a great price for us, and the location was so central. We did see a dead cockroach in the hall, but it was gone the next time we walked by, and this did not bother us. The Mezquita itself is right across the street and we went at 8:30 am for free (8:30 to 9:30) and is worth the visit (One of the best sights we went to in Spain....unbelievable church in a Mosque)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If visiting Cordoba for a few days, staying in the old Centro sector is a must! The flavor and energy of the Mezquita, Alcazar and Jewish Quarter are wonderful. Staying at the Hotel Mezquita is an excellent choice....the distance from the hotel door to the beautiful gardens behind the Mezquita walls is less than 15 feet. The hotel was very, very clean.....the folks at the front desk wonderful and helpful....and the morning buffet perfect! It is right in the center of the narrow streets of the Jewish Quarter close to restaurants, shops, the river.....everything. Nearby is an excellent restaurant called Dulce.....a must.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnaheimCA
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked 2 nights here in a "superior room" for 145EUR/night without breakfast. A considerable sum considering we stayed in luxury paradores elsewhere for 125EUR/night.

There is nothing "superior" about the room whatsoever. Yes, you have a direct view to the mosque/catedral, but the room did not correspond to the pictures on the site where we'd done the booking 3 months before. The room was small and shabby, the bathroom less than standard, the bed was small. On top of that the street can be very noisy as you're right in the centre and there are always people on the street.

If we had paid half of the price we paid, we would have been happy, however 290EUR for 2 nights here is just ridiculously expensive.

Nothing to say about the staff though, who was friendly, and the decorated groundfloor is lovely.

Room Tip: Book a hotel far from the centre. Córdoba is small and easily walkable and the centre is too noisy at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple