“good little hotel”

Ranked #31 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Turre, Spain
“good little hotel”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

we booked through Booking.com and got a good deal for a 2 night break. The room was comfortable and spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The downside to our room was that it overlooked the corner where the rubbish bins were sited on the road ... VERY noisy around between midnight/2am when the rubbish lorries came around!!
The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was fine for exploring. The car park we used around the corner was secure and reasonable cost for parking. We left the car there and used buses to get around. Loads of tapas bars and restaurants - something for all tastes and budgets!

Room Tip: avoid rooms overlooking the bins! Also - spoke to another couple who had a room next to a lift and t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrystalTips2109

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guadiaro, Spain
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We thought this hotel was good value for money for two nights - central, comfortable and parking. Jong on reception was very helpful with information and directions so the first day we wandered down the shopping streets to the Mezquita. Our first night was disturbed by a group of inconsiderate Spanish people returning at 2am , obviously worse for wear, talking very loudly for over 30 mins in the corridor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

It was a bad experience & i don't advise you to stay in this hotel.
Its very overpriced first of all. Secondly, the room is not that classy & instead of 1 double bed as we requested, they have put 2 single beds close to each other!
I really hated the way they took advantage as they saw us so tired to go & search for other hotels.
We paid euro 100 for 1 night. & its not worth it.

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Cordoba hotels

Villajoyosa, Spain
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just returned from a four night stay in Cordoba, using Hotel Selu as a base. Having read other comments, I am astounded by people's opinions. Firstly, if they were to look on websites such as Booking.com, you can get a great deal. We paid 200 euros for a double room, 4 nights. The room, on the 3rd floor, ( 2 lifts available to use ) was large, had a very clean fridge/icebox in room, very nice sized bathroom with bath/shower/bidet/sink all placed with room to move between. The WiFi was free, worked perfectly,as on Tuesday night, I watched the England - Poland match live from my laptop, streaming from ITV. The signal was perfect, no glitches at all. Parking is available free within 3 minute walk from the Hotel, if you do not wish to use their underground car park. We found all members of staff were courteous and extremely helpful, although I only have minimum Spanish language skills, and my partner is Norwegian, and she does not speak any Spanish.
Yes, we did hear neighbouring rooms arrive/depart, but hey, it's a hotel, a place to rest, not your own home with all soundproofing etc. We certainly will recommend this Hotel, and if we decide to drive up to Cordoba again, we will definetly stay there again..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlanBrady
Seville, Spain
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Although the room wasn't super expensive, it was way overpriced for one of the most basic and dated rooms I've seen, and I say this as a regular traveller. The TV didn't work and the room was advertised as a double and turned out to be two single beds (a common experience in the south of Spain, although these couldn't be pushed together as they were nailed to the wall). The walls of the hotel must be very thin, as I could hear almost everything from below, above and either side. The phone in the room kind of summed it up, I'm pretty sure it's the same phone that was in my family home in the early 80's. Ok, it's only to call reception with, but this thing was comical.

Cordoba is great, but this hotel is sub standard at best. I would say the same if it had cost 40 euros, and I say it having paid 80. It reminded me of staying at my gran's house when I was little; bleak, brown and no toys to play with.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dannyhend12
HK
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

You need to pay for wifi, at least 3 euro.
I would rather buy a 3G card.

The car park is hard to find and more expensive than other underground car park nearby.

The room is nice and clean. However, it is quite small and not a square.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Finally separate beds at a hotel in Spain! The a/c was blasting when we walked in, however it was freezing on the lowest setting.

They remodeled the bathroom but kept the old wooden door. The strangest part was they put the bidet next to the sink and the toilet squished in a tiny spot with a wall a few inches right in front of it! Why give the bidet so much space that no one uses but make it inconvenient to use the toilet? I believe this was room 317 or 319? The bed sheets were very hard and my pillowcase had a stain on it. There was a used towel in the closet the maid had missed.

In the middle of the night when my neighbors returned home I could hear every word in the hallway. The walls were so thin I could hear my neighbors hitting their light switch.

The wifi did not work in the hotel at anytime I tried. The front desk said because too many people were using it, that's ridiculous, it should be meant for everyone in the hotel to use at once.

The hotel is off the main streets, it's on a small narrow street so I had to walk quite a while from the bus with my suitcase to this hotel, then walk up steps with my suitcase, very inconvenient! The whole neighborhood takes a siesta in the middle of the day so everything is closed. There is a supermarket a block behind the hotel and a post office a short walk away.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends