“Nightmare in Hostal Triunfo”
Review of Hostal El Triunfo

Hostal El Triunfo
Ranked #32 of 39 Cordoba B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Dark room, doors with frayed edges, the air-conditioner gasped air lightly through vents coated with thick black dust.
The Bathroom stank of sewage and a very large and fat cockroach topped off our stay which I and my wife abruptly ended after a single night. When the management was informed they didn't protest. We refused to pay the full 80 euros, they quietly settled for 60 which was also 60 euros too many. Horrible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel is next to the Mosque, its staff is very friendly and when staying there you feel as if back in Renaissance times, or if you like better in a museum of renaissance. Every item in the hotel remains to you the epoch of Spanish grandness.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed two nights earlier this month at Hostal Triunfo and am convinced that it is one of the best-located properties in Cordoba. From the tiny balcony of my room I could almost touch the walls of the Mezquita, the pride of Cordoba and one of the most amazing sights I have seen in all my years of travelling. The beautiful Guadalquivir river is also right behind the Hostal and I spent two memorable evenings by the river-side and on the Roman bridge leading to the Puerta del Fuentes on one side and the Torre de la Calahorra on the other , the first brilliantly lit up and the latter standing up majestically under a full moon. The Alcazar, the Juderia, the Posada del Potro where Cervantes lived for some years and wrote most of Don Quixote, and many of Cordoba's lovely Plazas are all within easy walking distance. I did not have breakfast at Triunfo and cannot comment on it but there are restaurants, cafes and tapas bars of all kinds and answering to the needs of all kinds of budgets in the vicinity and really has a problem of plenty as far as eating and drinking options are concerned. My room was small but clean and well-kept, and so was the bath, and towels and bed linen were changed on both days. Most importantly. the bus stop which is a bare 3 minutes' walk away from the Hostal enables you to reach the train station and many other sights very easily, and I used the bus from and to the train station on both the day I came to and the day I left Cordoba. Crucially, the staff at the Reception area were friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome. For the budget traveller, there could not be many places as good as Hostal El Triunfo.. I would recommend it to my friends without hesitation. The only problem was the rather dim lamp that lighted the room.
Anjan Basu, Bangalore, India. Stayed solo on Nov 11 & 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very centrally-located hotel, by the Roman Bridge and next to Mezquita. Good free wi-fi and all other standard facilities available plus cafe/restaurant if required. Can be a little noisy due to hub location but otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had room right infront of Mezquite, room`s decoration was nice, good bathroom, big wardrobe. We have no claims :) If you want to stay in Cordoba, you can stay in Hostal El Triunfo without doubts. Well, waiter in restraunte was a little slowly and not very polite.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I made a reservation for 4 people (all girls ages 27 to 31). We were in town for the feria and this was the cheapest / most reasonable place we can find. The location was great because it was right by the Mezquita and an easy 15 - 20 minutes walk to the feria. The rooms were really basic. I am not sure whether it´s my expectations (thanks to others reviews!) or that I´m used to simple accomodations, but I thought that it was decent and not as bad as everyone else had said. The people who worked there weren´t the friendliest bunch, but we did not experience anyone who is downright rude and mean. The beds were simple, but there was a blanket, pillow, towels, soap, shampoo, and bath gel (stuff that you would not get if you were in a real hostal). In reality, this place should be categorized as a pension not hostal. The bathrooms were actually quite spacious. Takings one person´s advice, we rejected rooms 10, 11, and 12 and instead got the ones on the roof (the A rooms). Yes, in the height of summer it would be ridiculously hot up there as there is no circulation of air nor air conditioner. While there isn´t a real terrace, there are some chairs and a couple of tables and people would sit around and chat and sound travels to the rooms so it can be noisy. But otherwise, I think this is a decent place for you to just rest your head (I didn´t see any mold or had any bad smell).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Although they might have a good location, or good prices - it's not worth it if their cleaning staff steals! We were staying there for two nights, and when we were packing I noticed that my expensive designer t-shirt is missing. I traveled in it when coming to Cordoba, and put it in the closet, which means they couldn't take it by accident. Recommend you to book another place to stay....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple