“Convenient Hotel in Nice Location”
Review of AC Hotel Cordoba

AC Hotel Cordoba
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Large, modern city hotel near the bus and train stations, overlooking an open, paved area and a park. In fact it's a pleasant 20 minute walk through the park to get to the old city walls.

The room was clean, spacious and well equipped and had a large bathroom with a bath (the only one we found on our trip) - good for a relaxing soak after a lot of sightseeing.
The staff were all pleasant and helpful - checking us in straight away even though we arrived much earlier than the stated time.
The breakfast buffet was served in a small room on a mezzanine floor. There was a good choice of items. The restaurant is only a small alcove off the main bar area and has only two choices of main course, the rest being more 'snack' type items like burgers and sandwiches. There are other restaurants close by.
The streets around were narrow and full of parked cars so despite the charge, I think the hotel's underground car park was worth it - just glad we had a small car!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a view of the park, but traffic noise may be an issue for some people.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmandjay

Reviewed 25 October 2013

While checking in at this hotel, I have asked the receptionist how to use the WiFi.
He immediately gave me a card for accessing the internet through a local provider (Telefonica).
I went to my room and tried to use it for checking some e-mails when I realized that it costs EUR 14.00 for 24 hours, what at that point was already booked to my room.
I immediately started thinking how to find a cheaper option since I was staying for 2 weeks at this place.
For my surprise, the next day I have noticed lots of people using their computers at the lobby and for my surprise that connection was free, but the receptionist did not tell me that right upfront, what I consider misleading.
Room accomodation was OK. Only the breakfast was a bit disappointing since it had nothing warm like eggs, bacon or sausage as at all other hotels I know.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the emergency stairwell since people smoke in it and you can smell it all a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our second visit to this hotel based on our last experience - no regrets - would still strongly recommend.

Out of the city centre it is easier to use the car to visit the surrounding areas but near to the bus and train stations so that if you go to the city you don't have to enter the maze of city centre streets with associated parking problems.

Essentially a business hotel but with attentive staff - good selection at breakfast - large rooms - clean, comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Functional and very glad to have stayed here as it was restful after travelling for over two weeks. It was over 35 degrees so rather than walk to the main attractions we took a tourist bus which was expensive but the stop was close by. Lack of information and had to ask reception when restaurant opened, about using gym (not sure if there is a pool). Beer in minibar and room service prices were reasonable but did not try food as rest opened at 8.30. Would recommend if you want to be close to train or bus station.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This new build hotel has the usual AC style. It is located just a couple of hundred yards from the rail station - there's just a large square between them. Too far from shops and centre for me to walk, but younger and fitter guests would probably do it easily. The tourist open topped bus stops at the rail station, and is a convenient way of getting your bearings. But a 2 day ticket and use it instead of buses/taxis.
I ate in the hotel restaurant because it was convenient. They are geared up for solo travellers in this case: the business centre is laid up for evening meals. The menu isn't huge but the food I had was very good. Try a gin and Tonic - they certainly know how to pour a large one there! Public areas and rooms are all air conditioned, and it coped very well with the 46 degree heat.

There's a good buffet breakfast served in the mezzanine, and the mini bars are no more expensive than any other. There is a small display of snacks, drinks, toiletries etc which can be purchased from reception.

I was there for 7 days, on business, but with some free days to be a tourist, and this hotel worked well for both. The AC Palacio is better placed for tourists as it's in the centre of the city, but this one has the advantage of being close to trains and buses.
Wifi is available free of charge in the reception, bar and business centre.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed here for two nights only, but to be honest for 50 Euros per night including breakfast for two, I did not believe it until I experienced it.
One of the nicest stays in hotels I had in my life.
It was so nice and romantic with my wife, that we hope to come back here one day in the future.
If Cordoba is famous for the Great Islamic Mosque (which is now half church and half museum), then it should also be famous for this landmark hotel.
Great friendly helping staff, delighted with their treatment!
Rooms were spacious and comfortable with a great view of the park just in front with its water feature that runs for a couple of hundred meters.
IT was just great to see people in the park doing so many things; playing, running, walking, sitting, kissing, skating, playing with the water, walking their dogs, some having a small picnic... wow, it seemed like a world of its own!
Hotel is modern, well decorated, clean and with decent breakfast.
Very close to the main museum and to nearby mall (great prices with the end of summer sales!).
If only the hotel would upgrade some facilities and the breakfast, this could easily become a 5-Star Hotel...! I'm not joking!

I would highly recommend this amazing hotel to everyone. It is also so cheap in price, you would not believe you get such a bargain for so little!
Again, highly recommended... do not miss the opportunity!

Room Tip: Get a room just in front of the Park. It is so great!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great location, lovely clean modern hotel. Arrived at 1pm and they checked us in-no problem. Smiles all around, offered to help with the bags. When we headed out sight seeing my husband went to the Concierge for a map, and he insisted coming outside and showing us where to go. The next morning before checking out we just wanted a coffee before going to the train station, we went into the restaurant and there was the buffet breakfast which we didn't want. The wait staff spoke no English so I popped out to our friendly concierge who returned with me and explained what we wanted at a very reasonable price. Very accommadating. Yes the shower room may be a bit off putting for some, but not the first hotel we have stayed at with unusual shower facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family