“Great spot and really comfy & clean room”
Review of Santa Ana Hostal

Santa Ana Hostal
Ranked #8 of 40 Cordoba B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Great spot and really comfy & clean room”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I think I hit the jackpot. This place is great value, in a great location. There was air con & tv (not that I watched it). The bed was clean and comfortable. Nothing to fault.
I felt the same that it was more a 3 1/2 start hotel.

Room Tip: I was on second floor and theres a lift - so no worries about having to carry bags up stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a very good option for anybody who is looking for a affordable and yet comfortable stay in Cordoba. The staff is helpful and friendly. They even accommodated with our room changes since we did not liked the ground floor rooms so they had gladly given us another room on the top floor with a little balcony and view. The rooms are what you pay for . they are spacious comfortable and convenient

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

After trying the Maestre for the festival of the patios, we switched to this. Much better if a bit more expensive.
Room 107 is small but perfectly formed. light room with small bakcony. roof terrace is great. Breakfast is e7 but hard to fault.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Pola, Spain
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We liked everything in this hotel - the room was big enough, the internet was excellent speed and reliable, there was a parking spot available in a very reasonable price, too! The location is superb - very easy to find (with a gps and once you have directions from the hotel owner) AND in the city center indeed!

The hotel is as advertised and offers excellent value for money - let me tell you more about the parking though as it can be tricky.

It is not a underground parking and there is plenty of space - so don’t worry about your car size and being able to fit in a tight parking spot. However, the parking in 50 m. down the street after the hotel and it is a one way street; all streets there are one way and if you miss it - you might as well need to drive around for another half hour to return to that spot.

So, you need to stop in front of the hotel for like 1 minute, get inside, tell the receptionist who you are and they will come with you to open the parking and let you in. Don't worry about blocking the street for 1 minute - people are used to it. And if for some reason you must not block the street, continue driving and stop next to the garbage containers 20-30 meters after the hotel - there is enough space for the car to go on the sidewalk to wait AND for other cars to pass you by on the street.

Getting to the hotel is by driving on a street which you might think is forbidden for driving - but it is allowed for guest hotels - i urge you to email the hotel before you head there - they will explain to you via email where to pass and what signs to watch out for.

A few minor things we didn't like - the mattress was old and a bit uncomfortable. There was a funny smell in the room - like a wet cloth which has been sitting there for a very long time... Other than that - it was excellent experience and if we ever return to Córdoba, we will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: We were in apartment 201 - which was NOT on the ground floor and was facing another building on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diana M
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked to stay here but only got as far as leaving my bag there, as I was invited to stay with friends and we didn't make it back to that part of town to collect my bag until the next day. So I can only comment on the treatment of the staff and the appearance of my room (I saw it but didn't stay in it!) and the location, which is totally spectacular just metres from the Mezquita.
The room, for a single, was great, it had a double bed and came with a bathroom included for just €30. For this location, amazing. But best of all was the treatment from the manager, whose name I didn't catch. I noticed when I reserved my room that he seemed like a lovely kind man, but when I went back to pick up my bag, this was confirmed by the AMAZING treatment he gave me. Rather than being cross at me for not calling them to say I wasn't coming, he said he wouldn't charge me! I nearly fell over with shock and insisted that I must pay as they hadn't been able to resell the room due to my lack of communication. Never have I seen such relaxed people anywhere in the world, I have travelled a lot. This for me was enough to recommend that everybody should stay at the Santa Ana Hostal. These days it gets harder and harder to find genuinely nice people working in business as everybody is chasing the $£€. But a little bit of kindness & acceptance & understanding makes the difference in client relations. I ended up paying a heavily discounted rate, which was amazing and I think that people with this kind of business acumen deserve all the bookings they can get, so stay here & see how nice the people are....people make ALL the difference.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The two things that stood out about this hotel (more of a economic hotel than a hostel), was the location right in the old town, just a five minute walk from the Mezquita, and the amazing staff. Everyone we talked to was super nice and helpful, sending us to great restaurants, patiently humoring our spanish skills, and just generally being more welcoming than most hotels I've been to. The owner was very nice and great to talk to as well. The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the street side, the ones in the back can get a bit stuffy and dark.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great little hotel, really good location for the main attractions, lovely memory foam mattress meant we slept really well too. TV in the room with a couple of English news channels on. Lots of wardrobe space and a safe to use. Free toiletries in the bathroom and lots of clean white towels. Not too much noise from other rooms. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel, didn't know we could. There were plenty of places to eat nearby and all really reasonable

Room Tip: We had room 202, not very big but did have a door/window onto the main street below to allow some fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple