Hospes Palacio del Bailio
US$61
US$59
Melia.com
  • Pool
Las Casas de La Juderia(Cordoba)
US$141
US$134
  • Pool
Hotel Cordoba Center(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$57
Hotel Mezquita(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$52
1,668 results
All reviewsroman bathsglass floorold palaceconverted palacetapas barroman remainsbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomorange treesoutdoor poolminute walkfive star hotelan oasishistoric buildingstayed longermodern designloved this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The highlight could have been the fantastic breakfasts sitting over the top of roman ruins, or the pool and the pool service but actually everything about this hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed for my honeymoon.

Likes: the grounds were pretty with a very nice library with books you can borrow, room is quite comfortable with good quality toiletries, loved the feel of living in a dainty palace with all the modern amenities, the spa waters was worth a dip. Fantastic breakfast -- all types of drinks available including cava, buffet of home made jams of interesting assortment and hot omelette cooked in the way you like it. You should have the breakfast.

Massage was so so with not much strength exerted (since I come from Asia where good massages are available)

The tickets to the Flamenco dance that came with our hotel stay package was nicely arranged for us. Overall hospitality was very kind and helpful.

Will stay here again if I come to Cordoba. Or try out the other hotels in the chain .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We arrived at Hospes Palacio del Bailio around 14.00 hours. While we were checking in at the reception our luggage was taken out of our car and the car was parked. We got a glass of Cava as welcome drink. The lady from the reception showed us around the lovely hotel, the gardens, restaurant, spa, swimmingpool and finally our room.

The hotel is situated in a completely renovated building. The rooms are very clean and have good beds with perfect pillows. We experienced this hotel as a very quite "oase" in a beautifull and busy city.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My trip here started really, really well. I arrived at this hotel hot and dusty from the train from Seville. Feeling like a tramp I walked through the automatic glass doors and into a cool and luxurious lobby. Rather than the usual waist high reception, there was a business-like desk, behind which sat a tanned Kate Middleton. Well, that's what she looked like, and despite being spanish, she spoke wonderful english. Overlooking my tramp-like state, she offered me a chilled glass of cava, whilst arranging for my bags to be taken to my room. She then asked me if I would like a tour of the hotel. I accepted.

An unforgivably handsome spaniard then showed me the gorgeous pool, the sitting room, which would not have shamed the Alhambra, the restaurant (of which more later) and then to my room, in the former stable block.

The hotel is a converted palace. There are rooms in the main building and also in 2 other outbuildings. All are individually decorated. Mine was in the former stable block, across the private yard from the entrance. It wasn't huge, but I was very happy with it and its luxurious bathroom.

Breakfast was in the dining room, which had been made from the former courtyard of the palace. A glass roof had been placed over the top, and a glass floor placed underneath. The reason for this is that beneath is a roman house, complete with columns and mosaic. It is a truly unique way to eat.

The food was glorious. As an example of the attention to detail, there was a beautiful pattern of black spoons each with enough butter for one. The types of butter changed subtly, and I felt as though I was looking at a moorish design. There was a choice of more than enough hot and cold foods, and the staff were happy to make scrambled eggs and omelettes with various additions, all of which were delicious.

We ate dinner there one evening, and the food was wonderful. Also, as the sky darkened, and the roman remains were floodlit, I felt that I was floating over the very clearly visible house.

There is a spa, and we were entitled to a free session. There are cold, tepid and hot baths, and the tepid bath was big enough to swim in. Afterwards I continued to swim in the outdoor pool, whilst my wife lounged on a 4 poster outdoor bed.

We were asked if we would like a drink by yet another male model, and lay back in luxury, sipping cold beers whilst summoning up the energy to take another swim.

The hotel is an interesting walk away from the Mosque (an absolute must see) and the Alcazar via tiny winding moorish streets. There are bars and restaurants nearby, but I would recommend that you try the restaurant in the hotel at least once.

Check out was at 12 noon, giving plenty of time for a last walk through the city. Dinner and extras were not cheap, but it is hard to focus on that sort of thing when yet another supermodel presents you with the bill.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elstonian
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The hotel is fabulous. The concierge, Joey, from New York of all places gave us a tour on our arrival. Our triple room was large, modern and beautifully appointed. We thoroughly enjoyed the Roman baths below and the beautiful pool after a hot morning of touring. The only downside was the service at the pool. We waited an hour after inquiring for drinks twice. I finally e mailed the general manager from my iPad at the pool. Someone came shortly thereafter. We had dinner in the dining room which has a glass floor to view the Roman excavations below. Food was awesome, but expensive. Overall a five star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family