Hostal Centro Sol
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We arrived in Cadiz at 19:30 with our bikes and nowhere to stay, tried two hotels that were full and then came upon the Centro Sol, which had rooms. I've only just seen the negative reviews below, which surprised me as we found nothing to complain about. The view from our window was of a neighbouring property, not pretty but quiet at night unlike a street view so it suited us perfectly. Bed was comfortable, shower and bathroom were fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were two friends spending a few days of Carnaval in Cadiz, we could find another thing in the town. Hostal was perfect location, that its the only good thing about it.
Rooms are very small, bathroom also, we could not manage good how to place our staff.
The worst thing that I experience was the noise they had in the hostal, worst thing was that it came from the hostal staff, not the people who was staying there. They were screaming at each other in the hall and we could ear everything. One morning also at 10 in the moring the were doing some kind of work at the walls...
I love Cadiz, but I wont go again to Centro Sol for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I know it's called a hostal but in Spain that doesn't mean it's a dorm room or sub standard accommodations. Centro Sol is great, is a good value, clean and is family run. It's also in a great location and is quiet. It has air conditioning which will also cut down on any hall noise or doors closing, always a plus.

Room Tip: I would say an upper storey room is always preferable, but the hostal is down a narrow street so street noise is not a big consideration.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I booked Centro Sol a couple of days before going to Cadiz and then read all the reviews that said how bad it was.....arrived slightly fearful of what I'd let myself in for, I was pleasantly surprised that the staff were really friendly. Admittedly our room didn't have an outside window (as I said we booked it late, and Cadiz was full) but it had effective air con, a powerful shower and was clean.

The rooms are located around a central patio, but noise wasn't a problem, however only the front rooms have a balcony/windows onto the street. The hostal is very centrally located (close to the Cathedral), so makes a great base for exploring the city, just make sure you get a good map from tourist info.

It may not be the best value but August is high season in Cadiz and this is still one of the cheapest places to stay. I would book here again, but ask for a room with a balcony next time!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thinktoomuch
Reviewed 24 August 2010

People at reception were very rude and unhospital. they even didn't say thank you when we paid; once, we were coming back to the hostel from the beach, we entered and the owner, instead of telling us "hi" as he should do, he shouted us: "what do you want, the hostel is complete!" the rooms were small, and the window was overlooking on a horrible, little and dirty atrium. the unique positive side was the ubication in the very center of the city.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple