Hotel Regio 2
US$169
US$161
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Playa Victoria(Cadiz)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$99
US$162
US$152
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Where do I begin with this hotel, many be the many problems with our rooms including an A/C unit that can’t cool the room down, even with the small amount of cold air it blows out (you can open the window and hat works better!). Maybe the issue with the drains, to this you walk in the room, and it smells like a sewage, but the hotel management claims it to be stale water in the room (which returned the next morning), for the cleaner to beach the bathroom and have the strong bleach smell (you know the smell, that one that burns your eyes). Could it be that the hotel wanted to double charge me? maybe the intermittent free wifi ? No it has to be the super rude staff at reception (violence doesn’t solve anything, but I am sure it would have given me satisfaction!),

Basically, if you are not spanish, don’t go here. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is that it’s close to the beach, but you would find a better quality of life and service if you pitched a tent instead.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank benabouttown
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Nice, cozy room.
Close to old part of town. Helpful, English speaking receptionist. That's about it for good things.
Noisy air conditioning, not effective at all! Pricey room, over 100E for double room, with breakfast and parking. Breakfast was a joke!!! Croissant and a roll with jam plus tea/coffee: That's it!!! Terrible, have too look for a restaurant straight after breakfast because we were hungry.
Could find something better for that price!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElPolako
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Our stay was ok, but I believe this hotel is really geared for business guests or for short stays. There are no facilities, no cafe,bar and no where to sit out and relax. The breakfast is poor so would suggest you go to one of the bars close by. There is a very good bus service right outside the hotel, so you can get to Old Cadiz for 1 euro, or a good 20 minute walk. I also thought having to pay 10 euros a day to park your car was a but much. The beach was just a short walk away and is beautiful. You will need to have some command of the language as english is not widely spoken.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2007

We had the last room in hotel Regio 2 and had to pay dearly for it. Too much money for a 2 star hotel. They did have a private parking lot (free of charge). Don't bother with breakfast: only 2 old bread rolls with jam. Location is outside the center, too far to walk, but accessible by bus (only 90 cents).

Stayed: September 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 May 2004

When attempting to get a room at the Hotel Regio II in Cádiz, we ran in to some ridiculous circumstances brought up by a racist, and prejudice organization. First of all, we first checked in at around 6pm... EXTREMELY RUDE personnel checked us in, kept asking all kinds of strange questions and told us we could not have the room key until 11pm... Upon returning at 11 we were told no guests were allowed in the hotel room, when asked why, we were told by and older, extremely rude, and prejudice man that because he knew "how americans were." I being black took this very personally not only because of my nationality but also because of my race. I then promptly told the man that was no reason but simply discrimination in which the man became enraged and told me was going to call the police at which point my girlfriend became very scared from the man's ill-temperment and began to cry. I left for her sake. I returned at 1am, after having found a new hotel and hotel room. I gathered my belongings and requested my money back as I had not occupied the room but for a few hours, and normally would pay if I had to leave, but I felt forced to leave because of my nationality and so demanded my money back. This time a different man now working at the desk told me he didnt have the authority to refund my money but to return in the morning to talk to with the manager about the situation. I returned the next morning and was first lied to by a woman at the desk who said there was no manager there, although he later walked in from one of the lounge rooms. I talked to him for 2 hours and discussed everything and the man still refused to refund any of my money. I have considered taking this case to court but am yet to make a decision. But for now STAY AWAY and do not do business with such an organization. THEY ARE DISCRIMINATORY AND A PREJUIDCE ORGANIZATION. F-

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member