Casa Caracol
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgood vibesoutdoor showerhome away from homerooftop terracefree breakfastrecommend casaevery morningbunk bedsenjoyed my stayother guestspaellaliving roomtwo nightsthe heart of the citycommon areascentral locationlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was my first hostel stay and it exceeded expectation. Service was great,
There were plenty of outlets and the beds each had a small lamp attached to the headboard which was great when everyone wanted to knock out and I was still awake.
Free breakfast was pretty good and was a nice bonus. The only problem I had was there is not someone at the desk 24-7 so when I was frantically calling to get a hold of someone in the morning about a problem with my reservation, there was no one there until about 10:30am. The hostel is located in the center of the historical district and isn't too hard to find which is a very nice as well

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at Casa Caracol for 5 nights and I really had a great time, very friendly and helpful staff, good location and facilities and typical dinner every night for little money! I met people from all around the world, everyone is very chill and adapt to spanish time was very quick over there! The only minus I found was the small bathrooms not very adapted to the number of beds! I am staying in Cadiz for 6 months so I will definitely go back to have a barbecue or rent a surf!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Exceptionally great facilities and friendly staff. Plenty of outlets to plug in electronics. The only bad things were that, one, no one was at the desk when I arrived at 3:00 in the afternoon and I had to wait fifteen minutes to check in. Secondly, there is no 24 hour desk personnel, the hours are 10am (!) to 1am. So if you need something at night or need to get your key deposit back in early in the morning, you are going to have a problem. Lastly, my friend and I wanted to go out at 11:45 but the floor was being mopped in front of the front door. We would only have needed to take two steps to leave but the guy working there insisted that we could not leave and that we awkwardly stand there until the floor was dry. Pretty awkward five minutes and not the greatest policy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in casa caracol for 4 nights and had one of the best hostel experiences of my trip. I arrived on the 31st of December for a really special new years eve party- everyone cooking together and dancing to good music. The staff were funny and helpful, and the pancake breakfast was awsome. I will definitly go back.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've really enjoyed my stay in Casa Caracol. It's a perfect place to meet interesting, open-minded people. The stuff is always helpful and enthusiastic to give any advice.
Other adventage is the location, it is situated in the very middle of Old Town, railway station and bus station are just round the corner. I had no problems to get there.
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo