“Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in”
Review of Casa Caracol

Casa Caracol
Ranked #1 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Cadiz
Munich, Germany
“Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great location. Great people. Great hostel. I planned to stay here for two days and ended up staying a whole week. The atmosphere is very friendly which makes you feel at home instantly. They have dinner together every night, day trips to El Palmar and Cabo Trafalgar, lots of chill hammocks, a rooftop shower and much much more. Stay here if you want to have a good time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Casa caracol is a beautiful hostel filled with beautifully happy people. I only booked for two days but stayed for 6 because I didn't want to leave. The atmosphere is very relaxing and friendly. Traveling by myself, I made so many great friends here. This hostel offers some great day trips and the staff makes dinner every night for around 5 euros.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kenz157
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at Casa Caracol with three university friends and we had an amazing time. It has a cute little terrace with hammocks and an outside shower if you want that! The people were very nice and accomodating and fun and knew all the best things about Cadiz. It was a great environment for young people with music and games and going out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Granada, Spain
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Casa Caracol was a fantastic place to call home over the course of a long weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the place itself was delightful. The terrace is such a treat and I particularly enjoyed the BBQ with strawberry mojitos. I would highly recommend this place and would happy to go back.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a good nights sleep, don't go for the hammock. It may be cheaper but t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Córdoba, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Only got to stay there one night because I was travelling on to Morocco but I would definitely stay here the next time I go to Cádiz. Good location with only a short walk from the station, really warm and welcoming atmosphere with helpful staff and a good nights sleep - pretty much everything you want in a hostel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at this hostel for 3 days and 2 nights and it was an incredible experience that I'll never forget. As soon as I walked in the door, the staff was extremely friendly, welcoming and informative. The beds were simple and comfortable and the bathrooms were very clean. For no extra charge they lent me a lock to use for our personal lockers in the room (though I doubt I needed one because the environment is very safe). I loved that they did cheap, delicious family dinners every night (pizza, paella, salad, etc.). The terrace was also a great place to hang out with chairs and hammocks. I met people from all over the planet: South Africa, Canada, Hungary, Italy, etc. I even met some one I shared mutual friends with from back in the USA. This is the type of hostel that offers plenty of services: bike rental, free walking tour, surfboard... but will also let you go and do your own thing and create an environment for everyone to mingle. Whether you go out or stay in, you'll have a good time. I definitely plan on returning to this hostel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at Casa Caracol!
We planned on staying for a day and extended it to 5! Delicious food, amazing staff, always had a hot shower-crazy cool outside shower too! Really cool vibe overall, would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed May 2014