“Great location and a real character hotel”
Review of Hotel Argantonio

Hotel Argantonio
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Cadiz
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Great location and a real character hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel. The rooms aren't perfect and plastic but have real character. When i visit Spain i want to experience Spain and this hotel is very Spanish. The staff are lovely: very helpful, very friendly always smiling, and do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. When we go back to cadiz we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel was recommended by regular travellers to the area and it did not disappoint. It is very well situated, delightful, comfortable and friendly. The bedrooms are lovely.

It is 'small but perfectly formed' - you really don't need anything grander in this city, it fits the bill perfectly.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Hotel Argantonio for 3 nights in May 2013 for a wedding. I was somewhat skeptical about staying at a hotel and we were looking at sublets or airbnb properties, but could not find one. Argantonio was a last resort.
Staying there turned out to be excellent luck for us. The Hotel is beautiful, staff friendly and outgoing, and great ambiance. Every morning we ate breakfast in the dining room, which I was expecting to be some rolls and butter, but instead found fresh pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bread, etc. They also made us fresh cafe lattes when we sat.
I was very happy to find this hotel as well as this city. I would recommend both to anyone!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor Fenecia. Everything was great, but didn't see any other rooms to compar...
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is absolutely charming, beautifully decorated, with a modest fountain in the entryway and an inviting bar just across from the reception desk. It is quiet but well-located. Super breakfast. But it is the staff I'll remember best. I made the mistake of renting a car in Seville, and just couldnt bring myself to turn up the narrow street that seemed to be the way to the hotel. After brief discussion by phone, the hotel sent one of their staff to find us on the street, and guide us to the hotel. All the receptionists were charming and more than helpful. After I asked about flamenco, the receptionist called the local Pena Flamenca, discovered there was a competition that evening, and gave us the insider info so that we got a great seat (unforgettable performance). The next day, I needed some things from a pharmacy, but as it was Saturday, all the ones nearby were closed. The owner Theresa and her son Julio drove me to the other side of town, and by the time of our return, we looked forward to having drinks together at the bar that night.

uk
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I arrived in Cadiz with no accommodation booked so walked around to find a hotel. I looked at two 3 star hotels, Hotel Patagonia and Hotel Francia Y Paris (new big modern bathrooms had just been installed here but beds could do with updating), and then decided to look at the 2 star Hotel Argantonio. This hotel was better by far, and cheaper too.

The lady on reception was really friendly and the booking/checking in and out process was easy and efficient. I paid 55 euro for a room with breakfast and it is probably the best value I've come across for the standard of hotel. I stayed in the Maratus room, spacious, clean, comfortable bed, air conditioning available (which the other hotels I looked at didn't have switched on for April) and a big bathroom. Breakfast was ok, loads of sweet things available which isn't really what I like, but the coffee was great.

I would come back to this hotel and now will definitely look at 2 star hotels in Spain as it seemed to provide the same facilities as 3 star ones I looked at, but for a better price and in my opinion a nicer room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We noticed this hotel had great reviews on trip adviser so looked it up on it's own website. It looked very picturesque. On arrival it met all our expectations. Wonderful helpful, friendly staff. Clean and in perfect order. Breakfast was great, we could help ourselves to a very good selection of dishes and as it was served between 7.30 am and 11.30 am there was always space for us in the small breakfast room. Our rooms were colonial in décor on the third floor, bright and clean with super bathrooms which included an overhead shower that was always hot and powerful. We were only disturbed once by a few noisy revellers walking by in the early hours of the morning. Not the hotel's fault obviously. The location was in the old town, just behind the port in a narrow side street. It was an easy walk to the bus stop, the ferry port and the railway station. If going into " new" Cadiz for the beach or night-life best to bus or taxi. It is at least a 40 minute walk. The long beach in the new town is award winning for cleanliness and worth a visit. The old town has plenty of walks, A cathedral, museums, a fort, it's own small clean beach, parks and squares to look at. Great hotel and great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LKMaca
Pressbaum, Austria
Reviewed 6 April 2013

If you look for a very romantic small boutique hotel with beautifully decorated rooms, friendly service at a very affordable price right in the middle of Cadiz than you can’t find a better place! Highly recommended and reason enough for us to come back to Cadiz!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family