“Nice hotel in central location”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Argantonio

Hotel Argantonio
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Cadiz
vancouver
“Nice hotel in central location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute decision to visit Cadiz. As a result we had to accept what was offered which was a small room with equally small bathroom. The window opened to the hallway which was not entirely satisfactory. But it was clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were superb. And the staff as always in Spain were so nice and friendly. If I came again would try to get a room with a window opening to daylight. However still recommend staying here. Cadiz is a very interesting city.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank john m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Hotel Agantonio is situated in an old and charming building, where period features have been preserved, but not at the cost of comfort. Out room was a good size, with very high ceilings, lovely tiled floors and a spacious bathroom. Having French doors opening onto the front of the hotel made for a light and airy room though the street was noisy at times with the doors open.
Breakfast was generous, with a large range including cold meats and boiled eggs, fruit, and a range of breads and pastries. The best we've had so far in Spain.
Lovely staff. Great location.
My only complaint would be the lack of hot water, which still wasn't completely resolved after two days.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel. The rooms aren't perfect and plastic but have real character. When i visit Spain i want to experience Spain and this hotel is very Spanish. The staff are lovely: very helpful, very friendly always smiling, and do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. When we go back to cadiz we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel was recommended by regular travellers to the area and it did not disappoint. It is very well situated, delightful, comfortable and friendly. The bedrooms are lovely.

It is 'small but perfectly formed' - you really don't need anything grander in this city, it fits the bill perfectly.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Hotel Argantonio for 3 nights in May 2013 for a wedding. I was somewhat skeptical about staying at a hotel and we were looking at sublets or airbnb properties, but could not find one. Argantonio was a last resort.
Staying there turned out to be excellent luck for us. The Hotel is beautiful, staff friendly and outgoing, and great ambiance. Every morning we ate breakfast in the dining room, which I was expecting to be some rolls and butter, but instead found fresh pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bread, etc. They also made us fresh cafe lattes when we sat.
I was very happy to find this hotel as well as this city. I would recommend both to anyone!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor Fenecia. Everything was great, but didn't see any other rooms to compar...
Mukilteo, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is absolutely charming, beautifully decorated, with a modest fountain in the entryway and an inviting bar just across from the reception desk. It is quiet but well-located. Super breakfast. But it is the staff I'll remember best. I made the mistake of renting a car in Seville, and just couldnt bring myself to turn up the narrow street that seemed to be the way to the hotel. After brief discussion by phone, the hotel sent one of their staff to find us on the street, and guide us to the hotel. All the receptionists were charming and more than helpful. After I asked about flamenco, the receptionist called the local Pena Flamenca, discovered there was a competition that evening, and gave us the insider info so that we got a great seat (unforgettable performance). The next day, I needed some things from a pharmacy, but as it was Saturday, all the ones nearby were closed. The owner Theresa and her son Julio drove me to the other side of town, and by the time of our return, we looked forward to having drinks together at the bar that night.

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I arrived in Cadiz with no accommodation booked so walked around to find a hotel. I looked at two 3 star hotels, Hotel Patagonia and Hotel Francia Y Paris (new big modern bathrooms had just been installed here but beds could do with updating), and then decided to look at the 2 star Hotel Argantonio. This hotel was better by far, and cheaper too.

The lady on reception was really friendly and the booking/checking in and out process was easy and efficient. I paid 55 euro for a room with breakfast and it is probably the best value I've come across for the standard of hotel. I stayed in the Maratus room, spacious, clean, comfortable bed, air conditioning available (which the other hotels I looked at didn't have switched on for April) and a big bathroom. Breakfast was ok, loads of sweet things available which isn't really what I like, but the coffee was great.

I would come back to this hotel and now will definitely look at 2 star hotels in Spain as it seemed to provide the same facilities as 3 star ones I looked at, but for a better price and in my opinion a nicer room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo