I have come to Sancti Petri as an emergency visit after horrible 2 days stay at another hotel. It was 4 of us (family with 2 kids). And well…
First of all it is hard to describe this hotel experience with simple 4star description.
And there is why:
- Reception area and in general all corridors and public places area including public toilets – it is DEFINITELY 5 star experience, similar I experienced in some corporate trips when staying at Marriot, Hilton, Barceló, Sheraton, no doubt, with its extremely spacious surfaces, floors made of mirror polished stones, botanic areas (if you walk just straight from reception to left or right then you literally pass indoor botanic gardens with lot o beautifully cared tropical plants 3 stores high), pool areas, external pavements areas accompanied by very well, beautifully maintained garden areas and seamlessly connected with astonishing Atlantic Ocean well preserved wild sandy beach 8km long.
- It is a design hotel experience, and it starts from foyer, goes thru gardens, through materials and furniture selected, designed, placed, there is almost no design accidents over entire hotel, (maybe the flayers about events are a bit poor designed – windows 98 style), all décor is pleasant, well chosen, relaxing with a lot of stress for large surface and calming positive experience. Even positioning of the hotel towards a beach, pavement thru tropical garden to the beach and positioning towards sun position is excellent with its majestic huge cubature (550 rooms) over the beach but preserving respectful distance to the natural dunes
- Room I had was very clean and spacious, with nice furniture, bit worn but still OK, very tasteful and practical far in plus from typical 4star holidays experience. Do not expect luxury but do expect well designed, heavy looking furniture, with excellent bed experience, overall more than OK, typical rather to corporate 4 star than holiday 4 star, free WIFI over entire hotel, no logons, no passwords etc, free external parking, rooms are soundproof
- Meals – we took half board, and well you can forget about lunch, selection of fresh fruits, dishes, taste etc is much beyond you can expect, even you can brew your own espresso from whole beans coffee in espresso machine! Small comment maybe, cold meats on breakfast should be maybe limited in quantity and improved with quality and hot milk should be a fresh milk instead of instant milk, I was missing rye bread, but except that I had no negative comments. Diner is a treat, minimum 3 different hot meats and 3 different fishes plus freshly grilled meets and fishes, fantastic desserts, affordable prices for alcohol drinks, excellently composed and served food, I wish to get that quality in other hotel restaurants where you pay usually per meal 40-50 euro a person
- Selection in the gift shops – enormous! Prices OK
- Area – this is 20 years ago natural preserved beach turned into resort, so you will not find here some funny near to beach pavements with cheap hot dog and taco’s stands and cars running close bye, instead you have 6 km of wild sandy beach with well designed, discrete placement of hotels and golf courses and private houses. This is Atlantic Beach with its all typical ocean power, place that you will not expect to meet in Europe (my last similar experience was only in Costa Rica). I thought places like that with so well preserved nature and discrete human presence are simply not existing in western Europe coastline but here is a pure surprise. Place is totally relaxing if you need a good rest then you have it. Interesting cliffs are starting 6km form hotel towards Gibraltar with small sandy secret beaches long for 100m surrounded by National Reserve Park cliffs with a stairs access, 3 car rental companies are 900m away from hotel.
- MOST IMPORTANT – Staff, those people are simply proud working in that hotel, very kind, helpful, I had several requests during my stay, everything has been performed right away and with a smile, breakfast and dinner experience with kitchen staff is equally good, they are just good in what they do, they know it and they are there for guests, you have no doubt about that and I didn’t experience that differently even once from beginning to the end from cleaning lady till reception area.
- Furniture in lobby bar area is worn out and however well designed and looking nice, should be replaced ASAP, indoor swimming pool is OK but should be a bit bigger, gym area is very outdated and underequipped, this are minor flows that might be more painful out of summer period, considering external pools and gardens and playground areas are totally excellent.
I would like to comment to hotel management and staff, they do special job, they are able to deliver excellent quality customer experience in times where most of the 4 stars hotels are looking for funny savings, looking rather for preservation of existence than customer satisfaction, treating customer as fish to be dried out of money and never come back. This hotel is Different, Valentino was able to marry nowadays mission almost impossible: very high standard of service with pricing as per average deliverables (I paid for suite 4 persons half board 9 nights 1050 euro), that commitment to the service of all working people here plus Taste, I think is a key to success of that place and I would recommend that Hotel to basically everyone I know for good relaxing family holidays or couple holidays or looking for relax and rest holidays.
This is a hotel that I feel, I would like to come back, an experience that is very rare during holiday’s trips.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Valentin Sancti Petri Hotel Chiclana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Sancti Petri Hotel Chiclana Andalucia, Spain - Costa De La Luz