“Really good place for 2 weeks”

Valentin Sancti Petri Hotel Chiclana
GreenLeadersGold level
“Really good place for 2 weeks”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked here with a friend's travel group because it was within 2 hours all the places on our itinerary which included the Feria del Caballo Espanol in Jerez de la Frontera and the Real Escuela Andaluz del arte Ecuestre in Nay 2014. We also visited Verej de la Frontera, Seville, Medina Sidonia, and other places. The hotel seemed big at first and had a feeling of being organized like a cruise ship. The main bar's set up and shows, and the dinning room buffets made for a cruising type atmosphere. We liked the aiiryness Of the space and the outdoor restaurants where good. The Barrosa Beach is fabulous, beautiful sunsets, clean..and you see horses and you can ride on the beach. It was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Moonshadowbreeders

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
San Roque, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked this as a spa weekend for my wife's birthday. The hotel complex is big with two outdoor pools and one indoor. It is a two or three minute walk to a beautiful beach. All the hotels in the area are low-rise and kept back from the beach which helped keep the scene beautiful. There are several eateries, though only one, the buffet bar, was open at night which was a little disappointing and very busy. We both had massages which were well worth the money. The whole complex is spotless and incredibly clean. The room was spacious enough with a nice balcony. There was no kettle/tea making facility in the room. Room services ends at 10:30pm. The bed I found too soft, but I do have a bad back. The A/C we found to be very quiet. All staff were very polite and friendly and most spoke good English if you need it. On the Saturday evening we had a knock on our door and it was room service delivering a birthday cake and bottle of Cava which we thought was a lovely touch. The hotel is about 10km from the nearest town, Chiclana. About ten minutes walk from the hotel is a complex with bars, shops and restaurants, though as this was still out of season not all were open.

I would have rated this hotel 5/5 but for one thing; there was a boot camp being run by the German Men's Health Magazine over this weekend. This meant that we were woken at 9:00am by a hundred or so men in the courtyard below our room doing physical movements to loud music. I think that it would have been good courtesy of the hotel to have informed us of this when we made our booking.

I would happily stay here again and probably will as it is only and hour or so drive from home, but, I will ask if they have any events on such as the German boot camp and avoid if they do.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel will be quieter and cooler in the summer.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew C
Seville, Spain
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Beautiful hotel, very clean, good location and people are very friendly! They have many activities for family. It's my second time here and I would stay at this hotel again!
Janet Armas and Jose Rodriguez
Seville

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 14 April 2014

One year ago in April I have visited together with my wife and 2 kids, Valentin Sancti Petri, leaving below, read up to now over 2000 times by Trip Advisor members, review:
It is positive review with extensive description of the hotel and well I have finalised, it is a place I wish to come back. So here I am back, 1 year later, again in April (I love Andalusia in April, … OK I love Andalusia anytime, I have booked October staying already).
And now I know, I have found my holiday house!
Sometimes you have that feeling once you enter for the first time, that things are impressively good, amazing, cannot be better, but once you come back everything seems to be less impressive, less good, less interesting, I had that with movies, places and favourite steaks, but I do not have it with Valentine, quite the opposite, I love that place and now I know it!
Hotel still impress me with its spaciousness, design, placement, location, food, quality of everything as you can read in my previous review, but I keep discovering that place, and well, I am starting to have favourite people and things here and I would be worried if I will miss anything of that if it changes in the meantime, as you would be in case of your holiday house, whenever you come back again. We feel here at holiday home, at family vacation house.
So what are my discoveries in case of 2nd look:
- Food: even better, new chief, excellent breakfast, low quality add-ons has been replaced with Spanish ham etc,( I had fresh tuna, Andalusia eef Carpaccio etc. on Breakfest!) excellent breakfast buffet, some Andalusia specials, lot of fresh fruits, nothing is ever missing, even by end of the meal all plates replaced to full ones, every dinner is an event, presence of management and main chief is visible on every meal, super disciplined, kind staff (I do not want to name anyone here as list will be long) ready to support and help anytime, overall impressive (gained 2kg in 7 days)
- Bar is a heart of that place in the evenings, you must try it, my best regards to Rafael!
- Animation team is brilliant! I have tried archery, rifle shooting, my wife loves their mid of hotel park zumba, kids loves the team, you can have effective break during the day without having grandparents around, evening animation is really nice and entertaining especially for kids, lot of positive energy, lot of fun. Dancers are also great (wives are jealous!)
- Astonishing convention centre for more than 1500 persons capacity, with impressive acoustics and well equipped
List can be long but most of the items has been already described 1 year ago. In summary, I have asked myself how come that hotel is special, is standing constantly in trip advisor on 1st place for that highly competitive area for 4 stars hotels, leaving its spot only for 5 stars resorts. And I have found the answer from Animation Team ladies. I have said to them, that I really like that place, they told me, they are here for 9 years because they love it. And indeed that might be the answer, this place is so human friendly, people working here are standing as asset not a spending for that enterprise, they feel part of that place, they understand their work, they are best in class I met, and I wish to congratulate modest and effective management team for making that place so much people friendly as that means in final equation result guests friendly and I see it, I experience it and I feel it!!!
Thanks for another great holidays.
Best
Rafal

Room Tip: I had room 2215, magnificient view on ocean sunsets.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rafal P
LB_VALENTINHOTELS, Dpto. Calidad at Valentin Sancti Petri Hotel Chiclana, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest ,
We greatly appreciate the time you took to write a such detailed review and we are definitely also grateful for choosing the Valentin Sancti Petri for your vacations. We feel very proud to have numerous loyal guests who are very excited and happy to come back to our hotel.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our food and most of our services and facilities.
In the name of all our staff, receive our most sincere appreciation for your loyalty to our chain.
Thanks you once again and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards.
Oleiros, Spain
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel next to playa de barrosa, the hotel is located just of the beach & has excellent access & bar on the actual beach. Rooms were modern, large & clean. Breakfast included a large choice of fresh products. Hotel has free wifi with coverage reaching the pool areas & excellent free parking.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ruaolmos
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed one night in this hotel in September. The buffet dinner was great, the rest was pretty average. Our room was ok, the "gym" is not a gym and the rest was average. Good location close to the sea.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea or garden view highly recommended.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
nottingham
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were recommended to stay at this hotel and we were not disappointed.Situated close to the beach which you approch by a "board walk" over the sand dunes; also ten minute walk to the local shopping centre. Superb food and we recommend you stay "full board". Plenty of choice of food in the two very large restaurants and the quality and presentation very good. Parking slots go very quickly in the hotel grounds but there is plenty of free street parking close by. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SanderlingNottingham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiclana de la Frontera
Royal Hideaway Sancti Petri, part of Barcelo Hotel Group
Royal Hideaway Sancti Petri, par...
#1 of 12 in Novo Sancti Petri
ILUNION Tartessus Sancti Petri Hotels
ILUNION Tartessus Sancti Petri H...
#5 of 12 in Novo Sancti Petri
#8 of 25 in Chiclana de la Frontera
Hotel Fuerte Conil - Costa Luz
Hotel Fuerte Conil - Costa Luz
#2 of 26 in Conil de la Frontera

Been to Valentin Sancti Petri Hotel Chiclana? Share your experiences!