“Great night if you can afford it”
Review of Aponiente - CLOSED

Aponiente
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I had a great night, verry memorable. Lots of drinking and tasting all sorts of strange dishes, some outstanding some not so.

Woke up the next morning, saw the receipt and thought "what have I done?"

If you have the dosh, dont hesitate -go!

If you dont have the dosh and it means you have to go on a fast food diet after, then maybe its not for you (it certainly was not for me).

Reviewed 28 December 2015

We went for the big set menu with wine pairing. Service is friendly and very professional. But courses are served quickly. We asked for a break, but then went back to normal rhythm. So this is a the place to concentrate on the complex and inventive combination of flavours, which are often unexpected or new and totally immerse yourself in the food. If you want to relax and spend a leisurely or romantic evening, this is not your place. The dishesh impress, some are really first class, but there are also some, where the flavour of the original produce, fish, would have been more satisfying with fewer components and being in the foreground, rather then coming with a creative twist. Apart from sherries the wine list is small and not adequate for a 2 star restaurant. Prices are as high as in the best 3Star restaurants in Spain.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Second time at the restaurant and it just simply gets better. Their new location is a mix of tradition, modernity and the sea and that's what you also get served. I love Angel Leon's creations and even though our previous visit wasn't apart, I got some flavours from back then and discovered new ones. We had our "planktom shot", "chocos" fried roll (bocadillo cremoso de calamares), the sardines that make you feel like you're in heaven but I was a bit disappointed with the lovely "sopa yódica de berberechos", which is one of my favorites, was served on a dish resembling a rock filled with pores that soaked part of my soup. Thank God the waiters brought us some delicious bread, and even though, it's not good mannered, we used it to get the delicious liquid out of the tiny holes. Among our new discoveries was the "gazpacho de tomates verdes" wich was sublime, very fresh and tasty. I can't wait to come back again. It's a pity they won't be open for my birthday, but they'll have the new "tasca".

1  Thank Beach-Dew
Reviewed 21 September 2015

We have eaten at quite a few Michelin Star Restaurants. This is the first one we have ever rated low. We both love seafood and trying new things which appeared to be what this establishment offered. The service was top notch when noticing when we were done etc, but they never let us breath between courses. Everything was way too fast. We did the wine pairing as well which definitely needed some time to enjoy before the next course. The cuisine was very good, but no worthy of the price. Angel Leon, the chef, came out and spoke to every table but our table. We definitely felt a bit snubbed by him, but if the experience would have been better, it would not have bothered us so much.

2  Thank TravlnGastronomy
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Great experience as all dishes except the desserts were local fish and seafood in modern dishes, all paired by a matching sherry!