“Excellent a joy to dine there” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Pappardella
Ranked #123 of 458 Restaurants in Estepona
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent a joy to dine there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went there once and went back again and again. The food was excellent each time the staff exceptional and were charming and made my daughters holiday special. Unfortunately one evening was disturbed by an ignorant person from the UK who complained before he even entered and was abusive and aggressive to staff not an example of how to behave in another country or your family.

Will I go there again without doubt only wish I could afford to live here and take family daily.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Violent, aggressive manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Returned to this restaurant tonight as my son and his friend enjoyed their pizzas from a couple of nights ago. Will never return as quite frankly, the manager (I'm assuming) is a danger to the diners and needs help with his issues before he deals with the public again. As soon as we entered the restaurant I noticed, and mentioned to my companion, that the manager appeared 'wired'. During our meal, he said something to a woman on the table next to us as she was enjoying a meal with her family. She was visibly upset but his response was to swear and abuse both the parents, focusing most of his rage on the father. His 2 little boys were distraught and scared but that didn't seem to register. It took a member of staff to push the manager (Angelo?) inside but he kept coming back, obviously wanting a fight. I salute the dad for remaining calm and getting his wife and kids out of harm's way. And Angelo, if that is your name, you really, really need help. God knows whether it was booze or drugs or some combination of the two or something else but you are scary and should NOT be working until you get help and get sorted.
Trust me, bad food is one thing but to be threatened with violence in front of your young kids - and no, there was no reason at all - no restaurant deserves to be in business if they keep employing you. Couldn't get away quick enough and will definitely not be taking people I care about out for in meal in this restaurant again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lester F
“Worst dinner in Estepona”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Just had the displeasure of eating (and not paying for) dinner in La Parpadella. To be clear, this is the Port location NOT Laguna Village. (Which is a five star!)

Worst dinner we had while we were here and when my wife fed back to the staff that her fish and chips was basically a child's portion of frozen fish, the owner, who was drunk, decided to descend on our table, insult my wife, make my kids cry and ultimately offer to fight me out the back of the restaurant, telling me to F off in front of the whole restaurant. Seriously the worst experience we had on the whole holiday.

The owner should be arrested.

Vienna Region, Austria
“Lovely dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The dinner was a blend of culinary harmony and lovely company. The seafood salad was amazing and all of our group had a fabulous experience.

Baltinglass
“Nice food , great location , terrible house wine red and white.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Had a meal in above restaurant , food was nice and service very good , the house wine were not great red or white , price wise it's not cheap but it's in the port area one would expect it to be pricy , it's the only restaurant in my ten years of living here I was not offered a complimentary drink or shot from the bar .

• Visited July 2014