“Nice place for a sunny break”
Review of Albayt Resort

Albayt Resort
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Estepona
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went in February and were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the complex was. The apartments are spacious and well-equipped, the gardens obviously well-kept. The Albayt reception were friendly and helpful. We were busy going out and about so didn't use the onsite facilities much but the restaurant is good for lunch - v pleasant and the food is good (Recommend the sopa de picadillo). Yes, you need a car to get about but, hey, there aren't many places these days where you don't need a car unless you want to live with all the noise of a Spanish town - believe me, you don't want to do that. Estepona is five mins away by car and Sabinillas even closer (although nowhere near as pretty).

Room Tip: Avoid ground floors in summer - or you can expect noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vagabundo1960
Elena V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Albayt Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

On behalf of Albayt Resort, we appreciate your words.
Thank you for your choice of Albayt Resort, to come for your holidays.
We are very happy to know that you have an excellent opinion of Albayt Resort and that you have ejoyed your stay in our apartments, well equipated and wide. I will traslate to my work colleagues that you consider our staff very friendly and helpful, and you have enjoyed in our quiet location near Estepona.
And thank you for your words about our restaurant and all the typical dishes that are at the entered disposal of our guests.
We hope you come back soon to Albayt Resort.

There are newer reviews for Albayt Resort

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The apartment was about 8km outside of Estepona. There is no pavement or illuminted beach walk to any bars/restaurants/shops/anything. Beds were lumpy. That said - apartment large and clean and grounds and swimming pool well maintained. The pictures on Skioosh were of the nearby hotel with facilities - which were not within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
2  Thank J T
Elena V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Albayt Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

On behalf of Albayt Resort, we appreciate your words.
Thank you for your chioce of Albayt Resort, to come for your holidays.
Your words have been a great help, because this help us to improve,and we will take the necessary measures to improve the services that you didn´t liked.
Regard to the distances between Albayt Resort and Estepona, is 4 km. distance, not 8 km. This information is available for all our guests in all our brochures.
Also, we have more services available in Albayt Resort, walking distance: Albayt Restarurant and Cafetería, Albayt Web Corner and Albayt Spa and Gym. It is not necessary to take a car from the apartment for all these facilities.
We wish you to return in the future to Albayt Resort.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at Albayt Resort two weeks ago for 5 days and honestly I have to say that our experience was amazing!
We booked 1 Room Apartment . It was fully eqquiped with everything you need , spacious , really clean and with a lovely and private small garden wich we really enjoyed .
The staff was really friendly and helpful and we hope to see you all as we definetely wi will book again as soon as we get our next holidays.
The Spa is really nice and relaxing and Regarding the outdoor areas very enjoyable as you have different pools to enjoy , Golf Facilities , Paddle Court and well Kept Gardens.
Also the restaurant and Pool's Bar were clean and with an excellent service and food.
Summarizing all , It's a great place to have enjoy and Relax . We recommend it!
Thanks againg for making our holidays such a wonderful time.
Rachel and Raffaele .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel M
Elena V, Guest Relations Manager at Albayt Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guests,
Albayt Resort thanks you for taking your time uploading your comments in Trip Advisor.
It is a pleasuto to us to know that you and you both consider Albayt Resort as a great place to have enjoy and relax, and you recommend it among your relavives and friends.
We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at this resort for three nights, while going to a wedding in Casares. For that reason, the location was good. So therefore I did not spend much time at the resort itself.

The resort is only a 10 minute drive from Estepona and approx. 1 hour from Malaga airport by car.

On arrival, you climb a long hill to get to the reception building. Check-in was fine, staff not friendly, but ok. Free wi-fi is available in the reception area. We were told what block our apartment was in - but it took us a good 35 minutes to actually find as the directional signage is very poor. We eventually found our apartment which was in Block 5.

We had a ground floor apartment. The doors and windows all had an outer cage covering... so 2 keys were required to enter the front or back doors. When I looked at the door look I could see why, it was obvious there had been quite an attempt to tamper with it - as lock was badly damaged around the edges. Keys are also required to enter each block, which is good for security, but means you have quite a few keys!

On the first evening we ate at the pool bar, which opened for food from 8. The staff there were very friendly and the choice of food very good - with nice seafood. There is another restaurant/bar bar up by reception - this was fine - which opens for lunch from 1.30. The menu wasn't as broad, more casual. The pool areas are ok and clean. But as other reviewers have mentioned - pool beds are sparse.

On a separate note, several nights coming home there were prostitutes standing at the entrance to the resort.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this resort, based on staff attitudes, obvious security concerns and poor bed quality.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aoife S
Elena V, Guest Relations Manager at Albayt Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

On behalf of Albayt Resort, we appreciate your words.
Thank you for your chioce of Albayt Resort, to come to a wedding in Casares.
Your words have been a great help, because this help us to improve,and we will take the necessary measures to improve the services that you have not liked.
We wish you to return in the future to Albayt Resort.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have just returned from the Albayt Resort and have to say it was the worst holiday we have ever had. I travelled with my husband and two kids. The check-in was swift but very un-friendly, but that’s not important. I was given an apartment opposite the driving range which was on the ground floor. This block was almost full, the walls and floors did nothing to block any sounds. It was extremely noisy as we had guests either side, and over us and believe me you can hear everything.
The TV had no English stations at all which did not help for the evenings we stayed in. You have to pay 5 Euros a day for internet in the room. The pool allocated to our apartment was closed for the 3 week duration we where there –they were building a small toilet during peak season. Be careful of the car parking as the ramps are very steep and wallop the car underneath when you drive out. You are asked when you arrive to buy a privilege card for 30.00 to use the facilities. (Spa, Golf, Restraints 20% discount). I never bought this as I was supposed to have this already included. I booked through Click and Go. Children are not allowed to use the indoor pool. This was never stated to me and my daughter was very disappointed by this as she wanted to go swimming in the evenings. The pool area bar was closed for some time but opened before we left to come home. There is an average of 6-8 beds per pool its not enough if another family is already there.
The rooms are very spacious and well contained. The Patio area is very small we never got the sun and this was a Hugh disappointment for me. However you get over these things.
We had miss-fortune of been burgled while we went out one evening. I was upset as my I pad and Mobile phone and some personal items where stolen. The reception area was closed so the security guard had to look after us. It closes at 9pm the security guard had to move us to another apartment and I must say was extremely kind to us. When we looked at our new apartments doors and windows the sitting room doors had been previously pampered with, needless to say I never sleep properly after this.
However when we reported this to the receptionist next morning I was shocked at her lack of sympathy and didn’t give a toss attitude. We where informed that this has never happened before!! We could not use the room that was burgled and had to wait 3 days for forensics to come out as it was the weekend!! The police gave us the impression that this happens all the time.They where right as 4 days later we went to the local beach and bingo we saw our car been burgled. My husband nearly caught him thank god he didn’t. We were left feeling gutted.
I was totally distraught as my daughter’s purse and I pod where taken which was hidden in the car. We returned to the receptionist in our resort and I guess we looked a sore sight as we were all crying and pretty shuck up... I have never encountered such rudeness and we felt she could have been a bit more understanding as we had been through all this before and our kids very very upset. We were offered 2 bottle of water for four people need I say more!!
I have to say the rudeness of the receptionists here stunned me and my family. The lack of security here is worrying as it is a large complex with many exits and no cameras in view any where. Also I have noticed that at all previous trip advisors comments it’s the Spanish ones that give it a glowing review. I would never return here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ger21656612

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Albayt Resort, we thank you for your comments.
Regards to our services, Albayt Resort has the pleasure to offer free WIFI in our common areas, like Reception Desk, restaurant and spa.
Also Albayt Resort has 7 outdoor swimming pools available for our guests. The indoor pool is part of the Spa facilities, where children under 16 years old are not allowed for safety reasons.
Within the Resort we count with several video cameras on the street, and safety gard services when Reception Desk is closed, as you mentioned.
We apologize for all the inconvinients and we will consider your comments to help us to improve.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed with five persons in Albayt Resort from July 9-July 23 2013. The appartment was very good including three bedrooms, two bath rooms, tv, internet, fully equiped kitchen, garage etc. Cleaning is done once every three days including new towels and linnen. The reception managed by Silvia Carretero is professional, friendly and very helpful. The fitness room is well equiped and the classes from Zumba instructor Kelly Rossiter are great! The Spa and golf facilities are really nice (golf is pitch and put only plus a driving range and they have a pro for lessons). All pools are very clean and surrounded by well kept gardens. Lying beds are limited available and this is something which Albayt can improve on. During daytime and nighttime the resort is having security present including camera presence. You need a car to get to one of the beaches or to Estepona town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Albayt Resort, we thank you for your comments.
We appreciate that you consider Albayt Resort the best Resort in the area for holiday, and we hope that you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The brochure we had was a little misleading. The main bar and restaurant closes at 8pm weekends and 9pm weekdays. It states Akuas bar opens in June but that is the very last day in June! All other bars and restaurants have closed in this recession hit area. The best restaurants are at Estepona marina short drive away or 10 euros taxi or 12 euros after 10 pm. I didn't see any buses. Lovely beach El cristo by marina but you can't walk to the local beach due to dual carriageway. TV is local only and we didnt have dvd player or BBQ.

Despite this I would recommend as the apartments are lovely and the pools. Security is excellent. There are no local shops just empty units but great supermarket short drive up the main road towards Estepona. I think the lack of local facilities should be reflected in the price.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Herb600

Dear Guests,
Albayt Resort thanks you for taking your time unloading your comments in Trip Advisor.
We really apreciate that you consider Albayt Resort as a lovely apartments complex, adn that you have enjoyed our 7 outdoor swimming pools.
Also, security is very important for us to provide this service to our guests, so thank you very much to comment that our secury service is very good.
Regards to the comunication, there is a public bus stop just opposite the main acces to the complex, and also taxi and other tranfers services available, as you mentioned.
We hope you come back soon to Albayt Resort.