“absolutely loved it”

TikiTano Beach Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #161 of 495 Restaurants in Estepona
Price range: US$24 - US$95
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: TikiTano Beach Restaurant & Lounge is one of the coasts best kept secrets on the coast. The food, ambiance, service and views are amazing, and the prices reasonable. The a la carte menu is served for both Lunch & Dinner and prices for main courses vary from 17.50€ Up to 26€. Starters prices are from 8€ up to 13€ and the desserts are around the 8€ mark. A bottle of house wine is 16€ per bottle but you can also choose a nice exclusive wine from our extensive bodega with price up to 300€! Children are very welcome, we have a suitable children's menu. If you join us for Tapas and drinks on the terrace your children might enjoy running around in the garden! Live music shows are often displayed so check out our web site for prices and performances. Join us for lunch, snacks, cocktails and dinner. Front line beach views directly to Gibraltar & Africa.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

we went to this restaurant after some good friends recommended it to us. Now we wish we had listened to them sooner, as we only went on our last days of holidays!!
We had a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. they had a show on with a michael buble tribute and he was amazing (very handsome according to my wife... i just enjoyed the music!!)
We had some cocktails in the bar which were delishious and beautifully presented, then we had some tapas to start off with again, really nice with lovely flavours and stunning presentation.

We were swiftly moved to our table by the charming hostess and then served our wines and main courses all in a timely manner and by extremely friendly staff.
Our waiter was half spnaish half english and was very helpful explaining the menu, and when we left we were told by the lady at the door that if we become regulars to sign up for their discount card.

it was all very pleasurable and of course brought to us in an amazing surroundings. views to die for and a beautiful botanical garden.

I would recomend this place to anyone, make a booking so you know what show is on. some of the shows have an entry fee, so be careful!

all in all, a great evening and a lovely end to our holidays.

TikiTano_lounge, General Manager at TikiTano Beach Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first visit to Tikitano. I had always wanted to go because I heard so much about the place how beautiful it was. I had the opportunity to go to a floral demonstration in one of the conference rooms so thought I would have lunch before the demonstration started. I must say the place lived up to all the hype. What a beautiful position, very luxurious, beautiful views, lovely comfy seating, Wonderful atmosphere. I ordered lunch which was a Tikitano speciality, the burger which was 17 euros. After the food turned up it was downhill all the way. The burger was not cooked in fact raw. I sent the food back and when they returned the burger it had shrunk three quarters the size. the chips came back cold as did everything else that was in the burger. The whole thing was inedible. When the waiter returned just took it away and charged me the 17 euros. The whole experience with food and service was appalling. I will not be going back there again. Later when speaking to friends apparently it is well known the food is crap , I wished I knew before I went I could have eaten elsewhere. How sad when the surrounding are so lovely.

1  Thank Christine C
TikiTano_lounge, General Manager at TikiTano Beach Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your review, we are sorry the experience did not meet our normal quality of service on this occasion. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you so we can feedback to the team. Please email your details through to info@tikitano.com quoting TripAdvisor.

Perhaps we can find a way to make up for the experience you have had.

Thank you for your time, and we hope we can welcome you again at TikiTano.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

And once again, we had a lovely meal, great staff and great atmosphere just what we expected on our wedding anniversary.
Thank you Scarlett and your wonderful team!!!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well, l have been going to this restaurant for the past six years quite regularly several times a week and l have to say that it is the best location on the coast,
l have seen tikitanos grow along the years and l must say that the restaurant and staff are wonderful, and always atentt and helpfull, the meals are more than astonishing, and great atmosphere.
And now it seems that thier manager Miss Scarlett Smits has finally given Tikitano what it needed, the new bar, breakfast , and tapas all day, l can asure you that this is your place to come to if you are looking for a wonderfull meal, ambience and great staff. l hope that thier achivement will stay for the years to come !!.

1  Thank maria Helena m

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Well to say I was disappointed with my visit to this restaurant would be putting it mildly!!! After so many friends visiting this place and saying how good it was I can't believe I have just wasted 200 Euros on the worse restaurant experience I have ever had on 20 years in Estepona.

Its hard to know where to start as there were so many things that need to change. So here is a list of our honest experience

On arrival there was no one to greet us and despite making ourselves visible waiters walked past us with out even acknowledging us.

When we were finally shown to our table which had the most fabulous views ( however I can stand on the beach anywhere and get the same for a lot less than 200 Euro's) there were napkins missing from the table we were given menus and brought a small apperitiff.

We ordered drinks and these duly came however one of the party ordered a pimms and it came neat in a whiskey glass! The man in charge did spot this straight away and ushered the waiter away to fix it after only taking half of our food order.

Finally they returned and we proceeded to finish our order.

Our wine was brought over and was tried and we were told it would be poured once we had our starters which would have been fine if this had happened however sadly we had to grab the attention of a waiter to ask him to pour the wine.

The starters in the main were excellent however the prawns pil pil billed as spicy on the menu wasn't really much to write home about. However the avocado salad I have to say was good

The main course were then brought out and was all very well presented however the accompanying vegetable and potatoes were sadly lacking in quantity ( 1 new potato sliced in half seemed a little underwhelming).

Unfortunately my husbands medallions of lamb were dry which was a real shame after his prawns pil pil disappointment.

When asked after the meal if everything was ok we politely replied no and the reply was a very brief apology and a threat to give the kitchen staff a kick.

The setting is fabulous but this will not keep this place going alone and if I had read other trip advisor reviews before visiting this time I would not have gone.

Money is hard to earn and not to be wasted lightly on such poor service all around. its a real shame that we were also not even offered the menu of the day and at 20 Euros this might have been a little easier to swallow.

Would I visit again DEFINITELY NOT there are many more great restaurants with great views that offer great service and food.

1  Thank Sally S
TikiTano_lounge, Manager at TikiTano Beach Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Perhaps we can find a way to make up for the experience you have had.

Thank you for your time, and we hope we can welcome you again at TikiTano.