“Great little hotel.”

Hotel Piedra Paloma
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Estepona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is ideal for one night stays as its halfway between Estepona and Manilva and there are no other restaurants or bars nearby, that's its only drawback. Apart from that we found our room very spacious and clean. Although we arrived at 10.00 am we were given a room and the service is second to none. We found the staff to be very helpful and attentive at all times. Everything work properly and the bath/shower was very clean. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again.
Although the hotel is located by a four lane motorway the windows are double glaced and there is no noise. Its advisable to book this hotel if you have your car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DennisGibraltar

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel Piedra Paloma in lovely and idyllic Estepona. I stayed longer than a regular traveler since I am preparing to move into a new residence in Manilva, situated just a few miles away.

What impressed me while making me feel very much at home was that I was treated like a member of the family. Warmth was the prevalent attitude. The hotel is family run with brothers Gaby and Antonio mainstays of the operation. Whenever I needed advice of any kind these highly knowledgeable, ever friendly young men were there to assist. They aided me enormously since I am transitioning myself to live in the area. Hence the quicker I could be brought up to speed the better.

I also loved the great breakfasts that the family members prepared and served. The father of the family did a good job of preparing the food and supervising the kitchen. There is nothing like a good breakfast to get the day launched.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank billhare77
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We booked this hotel for its location: mid- way between Estepona and Sabanillas/Duquesa. Rooms were basic but clean and tidy. My bedside lamp didn't work and there were no glasses or plastic cups left in the bathroom to use. The breakfast menu looked varied but we were offered only a very limited choice and had to sit in the bar to eat it. However, it was fresh and tasty and the family team of two brothers and their mum tried very hard to ensure everything was to our liking. They were very friendly and caring - especially as we found the bar area closed at only 9 pm. They explained that the bar was only open for breakfast and up to 12 noon! When we insisted we have at least a coffee and brandy as our ' nightcap ', Mum relented and did us proud! If you want a quirky stop over with unusual catering and don't mind a lack of fans or air- con in the public areas during a hot summer, then give it a try. We thought the whole experience was a delight!

Room Tip: Our first floor room 111had a balcony and sea view. The double glazing kept out the road traffic noi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank But2n
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have NOT stopped here, but I pass it every day on the way to and from work. What the reviewers surpringly omit to say is that it is within twenty metres of the busy four-lane highway between Estepona and Gibraltar/Algeciras. To get to the beach on foot it is necessary to use the nearby footbridge. As the hotel is 50 metres from a roundabout, trucks and other vehicles are constantly breaking for the roundabout and then accelerating away from it. All that separates the bedrooms from the road is the narrow parking strip of the hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank oldbert
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I was due to stay in a friend's apartment nearby, but it was unavailable for the first couple of days,so I booked into this hotel. It was off season, so very quiet and the restaurant was not open apart from breakfast. The staff were very friendly/helpful, the room was what one would expect, and the breakfast was acceptable. There is a reasonable Italian restaurant within walking distance. This is certainly not a destination hotel, but for Bed and Breakfast on the way to Gibraltar, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 19 October 2011

given the area, price was fine. got a decent nights sleep in a clean room. nothing special but certainly acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank nd2trvmore
Reviewed 23 December 2008

We stayed in this hotel one night on a trip in Spain on the way to Gibraltar. We did not have a reservation, and just walked in. I know it was out of season (and a Sunday afternoon) in this area of the Costa Del Sol, but this place was a little depressing, with us being the only guests in this hotel, and the front desk not speaking English at all. There was only one restaurant in the immediate area.

• Stayed: October 2008