I booked fairly last minute so didn't do much due diligence. I arrived and spent a few minutes looking for parking. There were no staff anywhere outside at 4pm, so I just guessed I could park anywhere.
I walked in and the room was ready, my room had been upgraded to a suite. I tried to connect my laptop but my adapter wasn't designed for the deep concave shape around the power cord. I couldn't push it in deeply enough to get power, so I trudged back to the front desk to discover the hotel had no adapters. None. For a hotel that markets itself internationally I was pretty shocked. Nor did they have a double adapter. They suggested I drive the 9km into town to find a store!
I guess I'm more used to business hotels in Europe but was shocked by the situation and the complete indifference of the 3 staff that I spoke with. The hotel is a little isolated but perfectly nice, I'd just warn you that there's not even a whiff of a service culture.
Also, if you want shampoo ask for it when you arrive. They're too tight to leave any in the rooms, even a suite, using the eenvironment as cover for trying to save money. No one answered at the front desk when I called down to ask for any, of course.For €158 I'd have expected a totally different standard of service. Go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona is a magnificent hotel with 210 rooms and deluxe suites with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms with sea views. Thanks to its location, a modern spa and its specifically-designed spaces for couples and families, the hotel holds a respected place among the hotels in Estepona. It is 82 km from Malaga International Airport and half an hour from Gibraltar.EL OLIVO RESTAURANT: Our traditional, high-quality Mediterranean cuisine using natural flavours with a modern touch to be enjoyed in modern surroundings. Our exclusive Fuerte Estepona restaurant, located within the hotel, is the perfect place to start and end a day at the beach, enjoying all the flavours it has to offer. A wide range of breakfasts, lunches (solely during the months of July and August) and buffet dinners.The Estepona Spa is a place where you can alleviate stress, charge your batteries and return home better than ever, thanks to our cutting-edge hydrotherapy circuits and massage and beauty treatment regimens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Fuerte Hoteles, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Fuerte Estepona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerte Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona Costa Del Sol, Spain