Let's start with the bad.
The food! I made the awful mistake of booking the half-board option. I very very very strongly recommend that you DO NOT dine at this hotel. It was simply the worst dining experience I can recall having anywhere at any time.
The dining room is that of a 1970s youth hostel or perhaps a 1980s prison. The food was somewhere between school dinners and bad hospital food.
DO NOT EAT HERE!
Next we mention the staff. Never in the history of my travels have I encountered staff so scared to ask guests if everything is OK in fear of the response. Staff simply do not give a hoot. Awful.
Next we mention location. This hotel is not in Estepona. I wouldn't call it near Estepona. It isn't near anything except the beach but that's no big deal in this part of Andalucia. Look at it on a map before booking and decide if your aim is to be away from Estepona and everything else. A hire car is pretty essential because trust me you will want to drive to a restaurant.
Now we mention the good bits.
It is in Andalucia and Andalucia is a very nice place. Andalucia however also has many many hotels better than this and I haven't been to any as bad or worse.
Finally the room. It was very nice. It was the best they had and was very expensive and probably overpriced but it was very nice. I did get the impression that it had been empty since the end of the previous season. It was extremely cold, even on a hot day, and was only comfortable by having the heater on full for the entire stay..
In general the property is nice but by virtue of being huge and (due largely to its location) being mostly empty, it did feel like a sad ghost hotel with very miserable staff. I found myself singing Hotel California a lot to cheer myself up however thankfully I was able to check out and leave
If I was paid to go back I would refuse. it would be a waste of a night in otherwise fantastic Andalucia. I resent the fact that most expensive stay of our Andalucian tour was also the worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona is a magnificent hotel with 210 rooms and deluxe suites with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms with sea views. Thanks to its location, a modern spa and its specifically-designed spaces for couples and families, the hotel holds a respected place among the hotels in Estepona. It is 82 km from Malaga International Airport and half an hour from Gibraltar.EL OLIVO RESTAURANT: Our traditional, high-quality Mediterranean cuisine using natural flavours with a modern touch to be enjoyed in modern surroundings. Our exclusive Fuerte Estepona restaurant, located within the hotel, is the perfect place to start and end a day at the beach, enjoying all the flavours it has to offer. A wide range of breakfasts, lunches (solely during the months of July and August) and buffet dinners.The Estepona Spa is a place where you can alleviate stress, charge your batteries and return home better than ever, thanks to our cutting-edge hydrotherapy circuits and massage and beauty treatment regimens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Fuerte Hoteles, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Fuerte Estepona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerte Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona Costa Del Sol, Spain