A colleague and I were here in December of 2013. We stayed for a week. We had business in Gibraltar and didn't want to stay there, so after researching hotels online, we took a chance and stayed at the Kempinski. We both loved it! My room overlooked the back of the hotel so I had a view of the gardens and the sea. It was extremely quiet. I know that some other reviewers have said that you can hear the road in the front, but I didn't hear any road traffic. Again, maybe because my room faced the back. As for the room itself, it was very pretty, done up in soft colors and furniture. Everything was in perfect condition. The bathroom was lovely as well. (BTW, I am very picky - I like staying at the Four Seasons, Ritz, Intercontinental, and beautiful boutique hotels when I travel for pleasure. So the fact that I liked this place says a lot). The restaurant was wonderful! Breakfast consisted of a lovely European style buffet (tons of cheeses, breads, pastries, meats, eggs, waffles, fruits, cereals, sweets... the choices were endless and the presentation very nicely done). The restaurant overlooked the back of the hotel and had lovely views of the sea beyond. We also had dinner in the restaurant a few times and it was excellent (I am selective when it comes to my choice of restaurants as well). The lobby was beautifully done up with a big tree (we stayed the week before Christmas) and was large with high ceilings and glass doors that opened onto a very large deck. There is a big open bar in the lobby with comfortable seating. We spent a few evenings sitting here with a glass of wine after a long hard day at work in Gibraltar. I think that the one thing that really made this hotel stand out was the wonderful staff throughout the hotel - at the reception area, the bar, and the restaurant. They were exceptionally nice and very friendly. And finally, the hotel cat Frederico was adorable and very friendly as well! I will be going back to Gibraltar on business and will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pssst… Beauty sleep until the 16th of February 2018 We are taking some time out while we redesign the Kempinski Hotel Bahía lobby and restaurants this winter! Located just a short drive from Marbella, the Kempinski Hotel Bahia is a lavish, five-star property sitting within breathtaking subtropical gardens, and affords extraordinary views of the Mediterranean Sea, Gibraltar and African Coastline. The Kempinski Hotel Bahia has created a fresh and elegant look to its 128 spacious rooms and 17 luxurious suites. It boasts a host of fabulous restaurants and bars (some seasonal), Kempinski Spa with sauna and steam room, and excellent children's facilities, amongst other things. Situated near most Andalusian cities and a mere 45 min. Drive to Malaga International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Bahia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Resort Bahia Estepona
- Kempinski Hotel Bahia Estepona, Costa Del Sol, Spain