“Strange...but Good Value”

Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Estepona
Gibraltar
“Strange...but Good Value”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Hotel Isdabe, or what purports to be Hotel Isdabe, is in fact one block of four blocks within Complejo Residencial Isdabe – a residential complex for Spanish senior citizens. You check-in at the main Complejo reception (you can book into the Complejo sector separately if you wish, at a lower rate) then take a short walk through the grounds to the ‘new block’ – and it’s very nice indeed having been completely refurbished recently to quite a high standard for a 3 star hotel, and obviously aimed at the standard tourist trade. The gardens are nice and it’s right on the beach for those that want that type of holiday. The complex is a little hard to find if you don’t know the area and a little bit adrift from bars/restaurants which are about a 10 minute walk away and across the main highway. A car is really essential unless you just want to lay by the pool or on the beach. However there is a bar and shop close by, although nothing special. The complex is midway between Estepona and Marbella

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the block that is Hotel Isdabe not Complejo Residencial which is really a holid...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank clark249
IsdabeEstepona, Community Manager at Isdabe Complejo Residencial, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear customer,

Thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. As you mention our Hotel offers excellent value for price. It's a great place to enjoy a few days of rest and relaxation along the Strait of Gibraltar. Our Hotel is a new building that offers a high standard. We appreciate your feedback. We are looking forward to see you again in Isdabe.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gibraltar
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were not given what we were led to believe on the web page. We booked with alpharooms.com and were completely misled. There were two standards of accomodation and we were given the lesser which was falsely interpreted on the alpharooms web page. The place was dilapidated and the room we were given was run down and dirty. The second part of the hotel which we believed we had booked into was completely different, when we challenged the receptionist he informed us that if we wanted to stay there it would cost us more money. This is no way to run a booking agency. In the end we left and forefeited the money and it spoilt our day. Very disappointing. Will never use the complex or alpharooms again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sandra G
IsdabeEstepona, Community Manager at Isdabe Complejo Residencial, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Hi Sandra,

We regret the misunderstanding. As you can see on our website very clearly differentiate both accommodations. No responsibility of the information of third pages. Sorry for the inconvenience. We spent all our wholesalers documentation for them to publish. We recommend a book next time on our website.

Best Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Estepona hotels

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at the new block of the hotel and found the room spacious, clean and comfortable. Service was very friendly and all the amenities were perfectly up to our expectations (internet 1€ per hour, good breakfast, pool, beach, etc). So it's a perfect stay during a road trip in Andalucia, but pretty basic, if you're planning a weeklong vacation on the spot.

Concerning the location, the hotel is pretty far off to the East from the centre (closer to Marbella than to Estepona), so keep a GPS or a map at hand when getting there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MJakobson
IsdabeEstepona, Community Manager at Isdabe Complejo Residencial, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Friend,

Thanks you very much for your recommendation. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us :) The customer satisfaction motivates us to keep working hard every day. We hope to see you soon in Isdabe. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page.

Greetings from Spain,
Lisbon
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I contacted directly the Director, Ana Belén, to book 2 specific rooms I wanted (because I know the resort) which would NOT be possible to book on the net. She said ok but the rooms were 10 € + expensive per day x 2 rooms because they got sea view!!! I said the extra cost was NOT in their official tariff, neither on the net (I´m not talking about the Hotel with sea view, but the Arunda building) and last year I did NOT paid extra cost to stay in the same room. Even being client (sent my sister, friends and me, 3 rooms and I stayed there last here), the best Ana Belén said was to book on the net (how could I book the rooms I wanted on the net ?!) or with her (paying extra cost). So I booked on the net and left the note (I still have the e mails Ana) " if possible rooms 4505 and 4506 of Arunda bulding). I invited a couple who left Portugal with me to enjoy the sea view from Arunda building. WRONG. Arriving to Isdabe I was informed the building was full. Why did n´t they inform me ? My friends stayed in a room without balcony instead the view I promised them. SHAME ON YOU ANA BELÉN! Ruined my hollidays and my friends´. I should have writen on the complaints book the extra cost you wanted to charge ilegally. And I was a client, imagine if i wasn´t.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
IsdabeEstepona, Community Manager at Isdabe Complejo Residencial, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear customer,

We deeply regret not meeting your expectations. It is true that you applied your rooms 4504 and 4505 but never guarantee you by our reservations team that room. You have paid the extra € 10 is charged for the room with sea views. The Extra appears clearly in our prices, which are public. We have not deceived anyone, try to answer every request of our customers based on our availability and occupation but in this case it was impossible to satisfy your request. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A basic but clean hotel, very friendly staff, twin beds were very uncomfortable and squeked loudly when you moved!

Dinner was basic with very little choice but hot and tasty - breakfast was good with fruit juices, tea and coffe, cereals, bread and bread rolls, cheese, bacon and frankfurters.

The small swimming pool was being serviced and had sunbeds. Only a 100 metres to an average beach but nicer if you walk a few 100 metres to the right.

All in all for a short stay, very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the newer Hotel, almost on the beach.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple