Just returned from 2 weeks in estepona with having 10days in private accommodation and spending the last three days of our holiday at this hotel. Let's just say it spoiled my holiday
Upon arrival our room wasn't ready so I said I would hang about in lobby if someone would be kind enough to inform us when it would be ready only to go back to them an hour later to be told it's ready.
I was handed two keys and a map and pointed in the general direction where our room was, once we arrived at our room but not before passing the hall stained carpets, empty breakfast plates and glasses still in hall (after 2pm may I add), I opened the door to find a large bathroom and 4 single beds in a room with no room to swing a cat.
Upon inspection of the room I noticed plaster coming away from the walls, holes in the curtains, only to open the patio door which did not lock and be greater with what looked to me like the master air conditioning unit for the full hotel and you can imagine the noise coming from it.
My wife had pointed out to me that instructions on the map handed to us also had rules for dining at dinner. To my surprise it says no shorts allowed at dinner (who goes on holiday with long trousers when you come from Scotland) so you can imagine I was like a raging bull. I returned to the reception to asked to be moved and was told all the family rooms are the same and the hotel was full so nothing could be done, I as lso asked about no shorts allowed at dinner and was sent to see the restaurant manager to see if I was allowed to wear shorts and she agreed with me when you come on holiday not many people bring trousers so I was allowed in.
We had a walk about the complex to see where thing we're and how good the place was meant to be and let's just say I was not impressed as it was really dirty.
We managed to find a few sundebs all be it 2 were broke and within an hour of trying to relax I went back to the room to sit listening to the noise of air conditioning.
Dinner time came and went within about 20 minutes because there was nothing to our liking and even the chips and chicken nuggets were cold. The kids had some ice-cream and we left to find food outside hotel and we never returned for dinner eating out all the time.
On our last day our check out was at 12, but our pick up was not till 6.45 in the evening so we were advised to put our cases in lockable room which we could have access to at anytime. I also asked if they offer washing facilities as we were out of our room and they said yes they have showers at the indoor pool.
I forgot to say that after we had breakfast we left the hotel and didn't return until bed time it wa as that bad.
It was time to change and get ready for home so myself, wife and two kids went to indoor pool to have a shower and get changed only to be advised by the life guard that the showers had been closed for repair for a week, he pointed to the shower next to the pool and said we could use that, we ended up washing in the sink in the toilets.
I travel all over the world for work and for holidays and this has got to be the Worst ever hotel I have stayed in
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá present Hotel Sol Marbella Estepona - Atalaya Park is between Estepona and Marbella. Set within extensive gardens, offers 6 swimming pools and two 18-hole golf courses. Is set next to Atalaya Isdabe Beach, on the Costa del Sol. Rooms have a private balcony, with views of the mountains, gardens or pool. Sea views are available for an additional cost. All the rooms have air conditioning, a minibar and a safe. The complex has football, archery and volleyball facilities, free to all guests. There are 9 tennis courts, a gym, sauna and Turkish bath. In summer, the hotel also offers a watersports centre. Offers free public Wi-Fi access. There are 3 restaurants and 2 bars. The family entertainment programme includes shows and live music, and there are activities for children. The popular Puerto Banus is just 7 km away. Free private parking is possible on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Marbella Estepona Atalaya Park by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atalaya Park Golf Hotel Estepona
- Atalaya Park Resort
- Atalaya Park Hotel
- Sol Marbella Estepona Atalaya Park By Melia Costa Del Sol, Spain