“My chill-out week at Hacienda Beach”

Hacienda Beach Apartments
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Estepona
Bologna, Italy
“My chill-out week at Hacienda Beach”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed at Hacienda Beach on several occasions. It is a wonderfully tranquil place just outside Estepona. It's location is just on the beach so you can choose to lie on the 'grassy knoll' overlooking the beach or lie at the pool. The sound of birdsong is amazing and with so much shrubbery no wonder the birds find it enchanting! Walks on the beach are wonderful. There is a nice pool snack-bar open from June through the Summer months. The apartments are very cool and airy and whether they face the pool or the beach, they all well postioned with nice balconies. the complex is nicely situated with a nice beach bar alongside and some good restaurants not far away. If you did not want to drive then you can take a local bus into the old town of Estepona which has a wonderful beachfront with a lovely promenade and there is a lovely old town with some really good restaurants and bars. It still retains its Spanish heritage. Estepona is also nicely situated for touring. Away from the crowds of other resorts along this coastline, it is a really nice little town. Hacienda is excellent for small children. Can't wait for the next visit!!

Room Tip: A two bedroom apartment facing onto the beach or pool is recommended.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank maryoconnor1

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Estepona, Spain
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed in apartment 201 and really wished we had not! On arrival we found the apartment so badly cleaned we actually had to go out and get some cleaning products and re-clean it ourselves! The air con did not work, which we were told was due to old wiring, the washing machine broke which when the man came to fix it he found at least ten cock roaches living behind it!! If you like staying in a noisy apartment this place might be Ok for you as the screaming children downstairs are a nightmare, this goes on every night sometimes until 2 in the morning. The amount of mould growing on the walls was very unhealthy maybe due to no extraction fan in bathroom. Apart from that it does have nice gardens although the children’s swimming pool was closed for the summer in august! Very close walk to the beach which is very crowded on the weekends but not to bad mid week. The trailer trash décor was in very bad taste, the beds uncomfortable and the whole place looked rather run down, I looked at some of the other apartments and they also looked very dated. All in all I would defiantly not go back and stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gmands
Sophia G, Owner at Hacienda Beach Apartments, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Hacienda Beach Apartments are one of the most beautiful locations to stay on the costa del sol. I may be the owner of apartment 201, and seemingly to some "biased", however, the comments posted are completely untrue simply because I did not commence holiday lets in my apartment until January 2012. I have had nothing but wonderful and positive feedback from the 7 occupancies I have had since the beginning of the year. I fear that maybe this very bitter review of the property may have been left by a family who rented the apartment from me for the entire year of 2011. May I add a to this that these people had a small child and a dog.. I would suggest living in a 3rd floor apartment under these circumstances. The apartment was returned to me in such an appauling state that the apartment had to undergo a fully refurbishment including decoration and replacement of certain items. I myself have lived in the apartment for 5 full years and there definitely is not a problem with mould or damp there. Being a professional landlord, I understand that if a properties heating and airing is not maintained properly, then mould can appear, but this has an easy solution to it, which is simply cleaning the area with neat bleach. I have photos post tenancy to demonstrate the level of uncleanliness and due to all of these reasons I did not return the full deposit to the tenants, which I beleive has led them to constructing this false and bitter review.
It is unfortunate for people like myself that I have to read such horrible untrue information about something I have put a lot of time, effort and money in to. I am however, happy to say, that everyone that has rented my apartment this year have been over joyed with their stay there, even to the extent that the lady who drew this review to my attention contacted me as soon as she arrived to say how lovely the place was and how nothing was reflected in the horrible review and saw now how it was completely false.
I hope that people will not be unencouraged to stay here due to this completely fictional report about my apartment.
uk
Reviewed 7 February 2008

I stayed at an apartment at Hacienda Beach I found privately on holiday rentals website and it was perfect for myself, husband and 2 year old.

The apartments were right on the beach so it was ideal for my 2 year old who loves the beach but when he got bored we went to the pool area which had a childrens pool and plenty of shade for the little one. Then when he needed a nap we could head up to the apartment so no need to travel anywhere.

The apartment we stayed in has been completely refurbished and had an excellent equipted kitchen for self catering and a south facing balcony which was always sunny.

You really need a car in this area though if you want more life and the downside was the supermarket on site was closed.

There was an excellent trendy beach bar restaurant that was suitable for all (families, older and younger couples) and it even had a cute little shop inside selling clothes and stuff and massages were available on the beach for 20Euros per half hour which i took advantage of. The pool and gardens were lovely and cute and there was also a fantastic pool bar/restaurant wih traditional spanish food. Great place if you want to relax.

• Liked — On the beach and beach bar
  • Disliked — supermarket closed and not many shops walking distance
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank dutchie_8
Southampton
Reviewed 18 May 2006

A nice but tired resort, situated on the main Mallaba - Estepona dual route. Safe for kids with a gated enclousure all round including acess to the beach. Pool area clean with decent pool bar. The apartment we rented was basic with bed sheets you could see thru, no maid service was offered and we only saw the owner on the morning we arrived.Parking was free and I would suggest anybody staying there would need a car.
We were out of season (May) and it may get better as the season goes on.

Stayed May 2006