This is a beautiful resort in the south of Spain. It says it is in Estepona but it is actually about a 15 minute drive from the town of Estepona. The only reason this resort did not get an excellent rating is the location. To fully appreciate the wonders of the area you really would need a car and that is not ok with everyone. The bus from the airport is a 3 hour trip due to all the stops along the way, by car it is less than an hour. If you are more into relaxing than touring the area this place is ideal. It is possible to stay without a car and take the scheduled tours from the hotel if that is your style.
The resort itself is wonderful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with 2 baths, living/dining room and kitchen, also laundry room with a washer AND dryer. The balcony is wonderful for dining, look left and see the mountains, look right and see the sea. Housekeeping visits everyday to freshen up. The décor is up to date and in good shape. The grounds are well cared for and beautiful, many pools including indoor with 3 indoor hot tubs. On site is a well stocked store with fresh bread and pastries that are perfect for breakfast. Since the unit has a kitchen, you may wish to cook some meals, there are quite a few local grocery stores that can be reached by taxi if you don't have a car.
This is our second stay at this resort and we loved it both times. The staff is friendly, helpful and nice.
It is located on the beach but I would not come here for a beach vacation. The sand is dark more a combination of sand and dirt and the shoreline is very rocky. For Europeans this may be a very nice beach but for North Americans if you want a lovely beach go to Mexico, the Islands or even Florida.
If you don't mind driving in Europe this is a great place to stay. We day tripped by car to Ronda, Sevilla, Gibraltar and Granada as well as more local sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott's Playa Andaluza invites you to a place of relaxation surrounded by lush beauty. Located in beautiful Malaga, Spain, alluring backdrops accompany yoru stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marriott's Playa Andaluza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Playa Andaluza Hotel Estepona
- Marriott Vacation Club Estepona
- Marriotts Hotel Estepona
- Marriott Estepona
- Estepona Marriott
- Marriott Playa Andaluza
- Marriott's Playa Andaluza Estepona, Costa Del Sol, Spain