“Great Family Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Estepona
London, United Kingdom
“Great Family Hotel”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We spent a week all inclusive here in late July which was excellent value. We had to keep checking with reception that we really really didn't have a bill to pay as we could not believe how cheap it was. The room we had was excellent. Ground floor, right by the pool, our own little garden space and loungers and incredibly spacious. There was a spacious hallway, dressing room with 2 sinks, large bathroom with separate bath, lounge area with 2 beds for children plus a sofa and patio and a larger spacious room for us - best size of family accommodation we have come across. Food was nice although not amazing but perfectly lovely considering it was all included. All inclusive drinks were of a high standard and you never had to wait to be served. The children loved being able to order their own drinks and as many as they liked. We've never done all inclusive before but it was really nice being able to relax and not worry about how many 4euro cokes have been ordered by my son per day! Pool was lovely. Evening entertainment every night if you wanted it.

My only downside would be that we felt a bit restricted as there is only one bar, one restaurant for all inclusive and one entertainment space so after a week we began to crave a bit of variety. We had a lovely time though and I would go back. We also liked the fact that spa allowed children for a couple of hours a day which my two really enjoyed and took advantage of. Good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia M
Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Client,

First of all I would like to thank you for this wonderful comment regarding your stay with us here at the Gran Hotel Elba EStepona & Thalasso Spa.

It is with great pleasure that I read through your thoughts and realized how much you enjoyed your holidays with us.

I will personally pass them on to all staff members, as they will be delighted so receive such positive feedback.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location of your room as well our all inklusive programme.

Thank you once again for the greatly appreciated comments and your praising and motivating words. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back shortly here at the Gran Hotel Elba Estepona for another holiday with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again here at our establishment.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I subscribed to an offer through the Grand Selection which promised to get the all inclusive package at the Elba Hotel. When I arrived in Estepona, it happened that there was a misunderstanding between the Grand who was promoting the hotel and the Hotel Elba itself. The real offer didn't take in consideration the room service, and the A la carte Restaurants. Nevertheless, I discussed my point with the General Manager, Mr Porcu, who was very accommodating, very friendly and competent - as well as his entire staff - who agreed to include the room service, all A la carte restaurants in addition of the buffet and access to the spa as "all inclusive". My stay took place between end of October and beginning of November, and it was still sunny, people could swim in the outdoor swimming pool and get tanned, even on the balcony of the Junior Suit (upgrade from standard for EUR 30.- per day). The entire staff was übercompetent and constantly succeeded in over exceeding the expectations (preparing tee with milk and honey without asking while one was cold) and asking for feedback. I can only recommend this hotel which for the price totally exceeded expectations of demanding and price sensitive travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Client

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I spent a week here with three children in late August. It is an excellent hotel. The rooms are really large and comfortably furnished, and the service was good. The food was excellent so it is well worth going for the all-inclusive option especially with kids. Nice pool and right by the beach. Not much to do nearby so you are going to be in the resort most of the time - but it is a good place to relax. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew L
Dear Client,

We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel and had an excellent stay. Large rooms and bathroom and an excellent balcony facing the sea and the pool. Nice restaurants and excellent food. The staff in the reception was helpful, warm and friendly. I can recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Estepona.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank B0rjeS
Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us meet your expectations.
Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.

We hope to see you again soon at the Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa

Kindest regard
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Hola,

I would like to say thank you for looking after my wife and I on our recent stay at your hotel. I wish to especially thank the staff at the Thalasso Spa who were very welcoming and friendly.

I also want to say thank you to Juan the concierge at reception. He was very attentive, ordering us taxis and getting us towels for pool. I forgot to tip him on the morning of our departure but maybe you could pass on my personal thanks for all his efforts.

Day trip to Rhonda was worthwhile and evening in Puerto Banus was great.

Very enjoyable week in costa del sol.

Mark

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest:

It was such a pleasure reading your comments.

We appreciate your comments and we will pass along your praise to the hotel’s entire staff.

That you had a good experience at our hotel is our greatest pleasure, and it’s the reason why we work so hard every day.

We hope to see you again soon at the Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa

carlisle England
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Probably sounds a strange heading, but with the hotel dipping its toe in the all inclusive market it has now a dilemma with clients like myself,
i prefer a 5 star quiet half board , good staff, and value for money,
i stopped here last october, as an elba card holder, and had a really good 4 nights,
this was not as good for myself, but for the hotel they are obviously doing something right as the hotel was busier, so although i have negative points in my opinion, overall the hotel and the position south of estapona must do everything to survive,
its gone up a fair bit since last year, i noticed this a lot pricing hotels on the costa del sol,
and after just arriving from the melia sancti petri , in which i was paying half the rate at the Elba,
so thats a big negative for me, to go up more than 10% in a recession, but yet again its hard to argue the point as the hotel was busier,
the room yet again because of the elba card upgrade was a really nice one, big and grand with a fantastic bathroom,
check in with friendly staff, although after 45 minutes i had to go down and retrieve my luggage,
i would assume the porter was busy,
breakfast was fine, plenty choice,
the big difference was the evening meal, not as good as the past with the main course quality of food, last year superb this year i would say reasonable, apart from the last night where the steak was extremely tasty, the other 2 nights average
last year i made comment about children racing about the dining room,
this year it was slightly worse, there was a large family with around 5 children, who at one point were actually having a race through the dining room
this is the dilemma, this is a 5 star hotel
you have to retain control over your facilities,
now this ultimately is up to the parents , but also i believe a 5 star hotel has to be confident in saying certain behavior is not acceptable,
so is this a slight change in the hotel becoming more family friendly. in which it will be in competition which is mainly 4 star, I know of very few true 5 star all inclusive hotels,
the dining room head waiters incredibly friendly
in fact the staff at this hotel
from the maids to the reception are extremely good, it was noticeable however that some breakfast staff did seem unhappy, when the staff are good you notice the times when its not a going so well,
decent pool, nice adults pool,, beach and outside just reasonable,
great bed, great comfortable balcony with loungers
free parking, free safe,
so in conclusion a slightly mixed bag,
thats specifically for myself rather than a criticism of the hotel
which is a business and will adapt to the economic conditions

Room Tip: join the elba group thye really try and look after you
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank exglobalagent
Dear Client,

It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotel are enjoyable ones. We would like to let you know that we will take your opinions into account: they will doubtless help us to improve the customer service we offer our guests in the future.

We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had a business lunch at the Al Andalus restaurant for about 16 on an outside table overlooking the bay. The venue was terrific as was the food and service. I note earlier comments about poor service, but my dining experience was truly memorable for the right reasons. I believe everyone at the table felt the same.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Client

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa

Having read your comment regarding your " Business Dining Al Fresco" I am very glad to learn about your positive comments. Thank you very much !

At Elba Hotels we strive to provide a unique experience to each client, therefore your opinion is very important to us.

It will be a big pleasure for all of us to welcome you once again, please do not hesitate to contact me on the occasion of any future visit.

With kind regards