“Rude staff, terrible service!”

Havana Beach Chiringuito
Ranked #200 of 479 Restaurants in Estepona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Un trocito del Paraiso
“Rude staff, terrible service!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

After paying for our sunbeds in front of the restaurant, we headed in after a couple of hours for some lunch.
We are not fussy, and only look for decent food and good service. We got neither.
After sitting at a dirty table for 15 minutes, we ordered our food. After about 15 mins, they brought my 3 year olds food. 10 mins later, they brought mines and my 7 year olds meal. My husband sat and waited at least 20 mins after that for his!! (Grilled chicken and chips!! Not gourmet food!). We asked 3 times and did not even get an apology when his food finally arrived. In addition, we had to ask for ketchup twice for my son. He was nearly finished his meal by the time they brought it.
Rude staff, and we will not be back.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Turnetra

• Polish first
Saratoga, California
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had an authentic Spanish paella and it was delicious! I couldn't believe the size of the shrimps on this paella, it was so big and full of taste too. I had paella before but nothing like this one. We decided to go to the kitchen to thanks Ana (owner and chef) for such wonderful lunch. Gracias señora!
After that delicious meal we decided to relax on the beach chairs drinking our cold Mojitos ( I highly recommend it)
Next day we tried for the first time paddle boarding. You can rent it at this location for a very rasonable price. We had a blast! it was easer than we thought.
Go Havana Beach !!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rosa4u
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slooooow service, two hours of my life I'll never get back”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Went to Havana Club for some burgers and a beer, should be simple enough though it's busy. We had to actually go fetch a waiter for each and every moment of the stay, e.g. to be able to order drinks and a menu, to order the burgers, to get mayo and salt for our fries (went twice), to pay.... The food was ok, liked the meat on the burger, but I have had better fries.

I asked the waiter to have the drinks on house since we were constantly ignored every bit of service, he said ok. In the end we had drinks we hadn't even ordered on our bill. Big disappointment from beginning to end, and believe me, I'm not picky. When paying and demanding a serious discount, I was answered that it's a busy place. My instant response, staff up or offer less tables.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank D A
weardale
“Lovely food and drinks”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Beautiful location, sun and the sea what more could you ask for.
Sitting in the sun with a drink - heaven

Visited June 2013
Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
“Nice enough...”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

... but nothing special. Had a day on the beach and a bit of lunch at Havana Beach. The food was fine - although they did forget our starters...

• Visited June 2013