“Never fails to please”

La Tangerine
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cosy bar restaurant with great fresh food.Party´s catered for.Tapas, Salt Beef, Bagels.Daily Especials.Sunday Lunch.Homemade Cakes.International Beers.Free Wifi Zone.We close on mondays.
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is a tiny restaurant, don't go expecting acres of space, you go there because of the Cuisine. Don't go for the views - it ain't gonna happen - IT'S THE CUISINE. This time we tried the Chicken with Thyme and Mustard Sauce - I must be honest, I have never had such succulent chicken before - absolutely gorgeous.

I am probably wrong to criticise pdte and oldbert, but come on guys, the restaurant holds about twelve people indoors and about that same number outdoors. It has a great ambiance and is one of those places where you enjoy good food with good company.

1  Thank Bob_Jennings1948

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We visited largely due to the previous positive reviews. The food we had was average at best and served in a dreary location. We chose meals from the specials board thinking that they represented the best dishes and found them to be disappointingly bad. On a positive side and why I give a rating of 2 is that the waitress was very nice and the deserts were pretty good.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am dubious about the number of glowing reports. This restaurant has the choice of seating inside, where there are no windows and not much room between tables, or outside where the table are on a terrace which is also a public pavement, below the level of the adjacent road so that the view is of the wheels of parked cars a few feet away, and nearby dustbins. Many of the adjacent premises are empty where attempts to start businesses have failed, the atmosphere is rather like a run-down high street in a UK ex-industrial town

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We had a delicious breakfast here one morning we were staying in apartments in the harbour so this was very convenient. The waitress/cook was lovely and even though we had to wait a little bit for our breakfast it was yum and worth the wait especially after a terrible greasy breakfast we had few days before in restaurant not too far away. My partner had a full breakfast, I had an omelette and the kids shared a full breakfast and there was plenty of food!!! And very reasonably priced would def recommend.

2  Thank KerryHolidaysBlog
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My partner and I and our two children really enjoyed our afternoon at La Tangerine. Although we only had sandwiches and cakes we felt welcome and embraced our 'local tapas bar experience'. We sat back, waited for our food and enjoyed our time at the small harbour of Estepona.