Just B&B for us but it's a fabulous hotel with some serious money spend on design and matched by great friendly and efficient service. Well placed just off the A7 (although you won't notice it's there) the Barcelo is definitely a great place to base yourself if you're exploring from Malaga to Gib - so it's not on the beach! However, lots of restaurants along the A7 in Estapona, Marbella and a somewhat tacky Peuto Banus (but great if you're partying in a crowd I'm sure)
The only annoyance is the limited TV (although I guess I should learn more Spanish) and the Internet (although free each device phone/laptop/ipad etc. has to have it's own code which expires on checkout - fine but we extended our stay twice so ended up surrounded by paper with codes on. I guess that's a small issue and won't bother many - no idea why that should happen nowadays though!)
Spa looked amazing but at €30 each per day (although if you get there at 10am they were doing 241) it seemed a lot to add when you just fancy a quick dip in the evening though.
I'd definitely stay again though - breakfast was great with a lot of options - I made it down everyday which makes a real change for me! Outdoor pool was lovely....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only**** Hotel (belonging to the Barceló Hotel Group and formerly Barceló Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only) is a modern hotel recommended for adults (from 16 years old), located on the Costa del Sol, on the new golden mile between Estepona and Puerto Banús, just 600 m from the beach and surrounded by the best golf courses in the area. It is perfectly connected to Marbella (15 minutes away), and Malaga Airport, just 40 minutes along the motorway. The 93 rooms at the hotel have large terraces, some have an area of 70 m² and include their own hydromassage bath. There is also a deluxe apartment with a total surface area of 200 m², capacity for up to 5 people and a 110 m² terrace with hot tub. All the rooms are fully equipped for your convenience and stand out for their comfort and luminosity. Its U-Spa, with an area of 2,000 m², is the best Thalasso centre in Andalusia, with water extracted directly from the Mediterranean, making our Marine Therapeutic Circuit unique. It has more than 35 treatment cabins and offers the most innovative health and beauty services. The hotel also features a Lobby Bar and a Pool Bar, in addition to the Aguamar Restaurant, where you can enjoy a culinary offer that includes the innovative Healthy Gourmet concept. It also features meeting rooms boasting natural light and the latest technology. Enjoy a relaxing holiday only at Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only****. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso And Spa
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso & Spa Hotel Estepona
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso Hotel
- Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa Costa Del Sol, Spain