We stayed here for 3 nights, the room was large, specious and well designed. Comfy beds, air con, tv (news channels only), lovely and clean modern bathroom, a bath (hurrah) and a nice balcony facing the pool. Breakfast was well stocked with everything you need from fresh fruits to full english in beautiful surroundings. We dined at the restaurant and apart from ordering a steak which turned out to a fish steak the food was all in all fairly good. The pool area is beautiful, although trying to get a drink at the bar was a bit faffy since you had to ring reception everytime, for staff to come down and serve you. I had a massage in the beautiful and stunning spa area, with several different water areas, a double height pool area, pling plong music, aquatic tanks, chill out areas which was very relaxing. The staff here as always with Barcelo hotels we're attentive and friendly, a credit to the company. However the downside is that the hotel is miles away from everywhere, Esteponte is 16 euros by cab, Marbella 26 and the airport 100 each way, its all adds up. There are no restaurants or bars in the hotel vicinity. The hotel itself is great, however it is isolated and your taxi fare bill will be nearly the same as the hotel bill. Wi-fi is limited and you had to put a code in every 5 mins which is found annoying in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only**** Hotel (belonging to the Barceló Hotel Group and formerly Barceló Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only) is a modern hotel recommended for adults (from 16 years old), located on the Costa del Sol, on the new golden mile between Estepona and Puerto Banús, just 600 m from the beach and surrounded by the best golf courses in the area. It is perfectly connected to Marbella (15 minutes away), and Malaga Airport, just 40 minutes along the motorway. The 93 rooms at the hotel have large terraces, some have an area of 70 m² and include their own hydromassage bath. There is also a deluxe apartment with a total surface area of 200 m², capacity for up to 5 people and a 110 m² terrace with hot tub. All the rooms are fully equipped for your convenience and stand out for their comfort and luminosity. Its U-Spa, with an area of 2,000 m², is the best Thalasso centre in Andalusia, with water extracted directly from the Mediterranean, making our Marine Therapeutic Circuit unique. It has more than 35 treatment cabins and offers the most innovative health and beauty services. The hotel also features a Lobby Bar and a Pool Bar, in addition to the Aguamar Restaurant, where you can enjoy a culinary offer that includes the innovative Healthy Gourmet concept. It also features meeting rooms boasting natural light and the latest technology. Enjoy a relaxing holiday only at Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only****. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays and Barcelo so you can book your Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso & Spa Hotel Estepona
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso And Spa
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso Hotel
- Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa Costa Del Sol, Spain