“Nearly died waiting”
Review of Ciao Carreteria 69

Ciao Carreteria 69
Reserve with
Ciao Carreteria 69 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 2,544 Restaurants in Malaga
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Description: talian Restaurant in the centre city. Enjoy our traditional hand-made organic pizzas baked in a wood-fired oven. Non stop kitchen.
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I can beat the last record of waiting 1 hour for pizza, I waited more than 3 hours!! It's the best pizza in Malaga but don't order takeaway, especially if your girlfriend is diabetic like mine, or it probably won't arrive before she dies.

I ended up being forced to walk several kilometers around Malaga to find out which of their chain restaurants actually makes the takeaway pizza, being sent by managers from one branch to another, all whilst my girlfriend was in a diabetic coma at home at midnight on Saturday after ordering late afternoon.

In the end I did get my pizza, but was forced to pay full price, and didn't even get an apology. I was simply told I must have given the wrong address even though they've delivered to my place over 10 times...

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this place based on many great TripAdvisor reviews, so we had high expectations of the place.
I reckon that this place was having an off night, because the staff and food seemed to be good on the face of it. But what we got was a bit below par.
We ordered focaccia to share for starter, an Italian style carbonara(there were two options on the menu for carbonara) and pizza for mains, along with water and wine. Standard enough order.
A few minutes later, a pizza and Bolognese arrived at the table, which wasn't what we thought we ordered. The Bolognese was a mistake, "focaccia" here is pizza. No big deal, they took the Bolognese back. Then the wine arrived, along with both mains, just as we were starting our starter. I commented to the waiter that I thought we would get the focaccia stater first, then the mains afterwards. This was probably lost in translation, and we were left with all the food in one go. Also maybe not a problem, but my pizza was like warn on arrival, so by the time I got around to it, it was cold. The carbonara ordered by my girlfriend was also not the correct one, and was swimming in cream and oil. Now none of the food tasted bad, just not what we wanted.
At the end of the meal, our water was taken before we finished, which in fairness we were offered a fresh bottle in lieu, and a complimentary limoncello. We got the water but not the limoncello. Paid up and left, as the staff seemed too busy and disorganized to deal with us any more.
Overall, this place could/should have been better, just seemed like they were having a bad night.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here every night during our stay in Malaga. Food was excellent and we were made to feel extremely welcome by all the staff especially Andrea. I would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank Lucia D
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely wood fired oven cooked pizzas at a very reasonable price. Friendly attentive staff. Ideal if you're hungry, in the area and fancy good quality Italian food. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Average Italian restaurant but good value in general. Food was tasty but nothing special. Good for a standard lunch. Service was more or less friendly but not that attentive.

1  Thank Patrick C