Hostal Larios
US$115
US$108
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zenit Malaga(Malaga)(Great Value!)
US$76
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
US$60
US$55
Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad(Malaga)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
ibis
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed at Hostal Larios for one night in May 2013. We left our camera inside the locked room and gave the key to the receptionist. When we got back, the camera with all our pictures of a three week vacation was missing. When we alerted the police, their reaction was "We know, it has happened before at this establishment". The owner told us that just that night, the surveillance system broke down. Too many coincidences, too many thefts (see former reviews of this place). Assuming the worst, the staff is responsible for the stolen items. However, in any way this hostal cannot guarantee security for your rooms. DON'T STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Tim_Koeln_04
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times and always loved it - noisy - yes, and up a very dark and twisting staircase - but it has simplicity and charm that other places lack - location is perfect - I could spend hours just sitting at the window watching people on the street below ....

Room Tip: Room 4 is the best, because the full length windows open on to a tiny wrought iron balcony. Room 3 also OK - but does not have full length window ......
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

beside that I arrived without reservation, and it was late, decided that this night will be spent here, unless the price will be astronomical and for next day I'll find elsewhere to stay. reason why I stayed here is - first accommodation place from port,entering town. The only option that this place could offer me was single room for 30 €. The good thing is that this place offers WiFi Internet (although nowadays it is a common extra). The hostel is located on the third or rather on the 4th floor in an old building. For accommodation establishments company need to make renovation. This place also offers 2 showers for all guests at the hostel. There is one much better place that could offer accommodation for reasonable price. And yes - again receptionist didn't speak english.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BravoJohny
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We spent one night. Left our iPad3 in our room while we were out for dinner between 8:00pm and 10:30 pm and did not use it when we got back that evening. The next day we packed up and took a flight home to Montreal. When we opened up our iPad at home, we discovered someone had swapped our new iPad3 for an iPad2 of the same color. There is no doubt in our minds that it happened at Hostal Larios and we suspect one of the hotel staff may be involved.
We strongly advise people to stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Do not stay here or keep your valuables with you at all times.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine F
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Interesting that so many people complain of this place "losing" reservations and then moving people to a lesser location. My experience was the opposite. I got the room I booked online, but then whenI wanted to leave a day early it was pointed out to me, not only verbally, but with imperious finger showing me the fine print of my online contract, that I was obligated to give 24 hours notice. (If I had booked by phone, she said checking out early would be no problem.) Do these people not understand the importance of customer relations? I vacated the room by 10 a.m. and left my bags to go tour the city. When I returned, they still wanted their 30 euros for the room that I vacated. I'm lucky they didn't hold my bags hostage. . . The shared bathrooms were spotlessly clean. However, there was construction of some sort going on in the building's lobby three floors down--and the resulting gray dust covered things in my room with a thin film. Reason enough to check out. And my room was the tiniest I've seen in eight weeks of touring in five countries.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo