Stayed here in November (3 nights) and again in December (1 night) 2008. Small rooms, comfortable beds, lots of hot water, very clean. Not all rooms have private bath, some have partial baths. In-room lighting is dim. Perfect location on a main pedestrian street – the few rooms in the front have French doors that allow you to see all the action, though that also means they get the street-party noise all night. Other rooms are on a large airshaft where hotel laundry is hung. Access from street when building doors are closed (evenings and nights) is by intercom – push the wooden door open after the staff acknowledges you. Your room key is left at the desk when you are not in your room. Staff efficient and business-like. The Hostal occupies part of the 3rd floor (3 floors above street level). There is a small elevator, to the left of the staircase. (We failed to notice this in the total darkness inside the building after arriving at night, so lugged our stuff up 3 flights of stairs by the light of our headlamp.) Free wireless Internet if you bring your own computer. Otherwise, no access (cannot use the staff computer in the office, and there is no wired access.) The #4 bus from the airport will drop you at the statue of Marquez de Larios (if you ask for that stop), and all you need to do is cross the main street, Avenida Principal (head away from the water), and the hostal is in the first block of the street Marquez de Larios, on your right, above a bank.
While in Malaga, don’t miss having drinks and seafood tapas at Vieja Casa de Guardia, just a couple of blocks west of the Hostal along the main street, Avenida Principal. Freshest seafood around, drinks from the casks, your bar tab noted in chalk on the bar, and overall a great experience. Other food in Malaga was nothing special – we had better food (quality and value) and more pleasant surroundings elsewhere in Andalucía.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal Larios is located in the very centre of Malaga, where commerce, tourism and trade exist side by side. Visit the centre on foot, without using any means of transport! The rooms have recently been refurbished. They have air conditioning, heating, TV and some have ensuite bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Hostal Larios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Larios Hotel Malaga
- Hostal Larios Malaga, Costa Del Sol, Spain