“Veggie ramen is pretty cool”
Review of Ramen Nogacu

Ramen Nogacu
Ranked #339 of 2,571 Restaurants in Malaga
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Nogacu Ramen is a traditional Japanese cuisine restaurant located in the heart of Malaga, specializes in Ramen.
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I tired pork ramen before here and didnt get impressive last time and this time Ive tried veggie ramen and it was pretty cool. Still it cannot beat the real Japanese ramen but the soup was pretty cool. They had a nice sake, mochie, gyoja, bao and okonomi yaki. I think gyoja and bao are home made. Mochi and okonomi yaki are not sure. Anyways im sure she made all soup for the ramen for sure and the noodle is instant noodle for sure. But its all right. I like the soup here and atmosphere. Keep it up!! Cheers.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our experience is the same as the past 2 reviews. Conclusion: STAY AWAY!!!!!!

This is on a Monday night, while the place is 70% full, we came in and sat down at the bar right away - thinking this should be alright! How long could 2 ramen take?!??

At 9:15pm, we ordered 2 drinks, 2 ramen and an appetizer. Drinks came around 9:20.. then we waited... and waited... chatted... entertained ourselves... another half an hour has gone by! By 9:50, we were confident the next dishes coming out of the kitchen would be ours! But NO. There are only 2 people working there, and when we asked the other waitress, she said she only bring drinks. Everything is out of control, dishes are unwashed, bills not taken care of, these 2 waitresses are just clueless. Nothing came out of the kitchen until 10:05 and it was an appetizer bun for the next party. We complained and asked them what happened?!!!!? The lady raised her eye brow and went into the kitchen... then when she came back, she said sorry it would be 7 minutes. Furious that a ramen takes 1 hour to make..... we wanted to give her a chance and so we sat and waited. By 10:15, we were so upset with this rubbish and left the place. Any other restaurants in the area can prepare a paella dish in 30 minutes and you can't even make a simple ramen in 1 hour. Shame on you.

Please just pick any Spanish place or pizza or burger place down the street, AVOID THIS PLACE. You will be thankful you read my review. Don't ruin your night.

The owners and staff of Ramen Nogacu should be so ashamed of themselves they should consider seppuku.

1  Thank keithc8851
Noelia G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ramen Nogacu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

We are sorry you think in that way

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I have eaten many times here but today was probably the last

On Sat night the place was uber packed and understaffed, just one nice girl serving the whole place and while she tried her best the result was that we suffered terrible service.

It might have been an isolated incident, maybe the other person to help did not show, but it is the owners responsibility such does not negatively affect the business, we where not the only complaining, everyone was.

We ordered without receiving the menu after what felt like a very long time, fortunately we knew what wanted.

As an appetizer we ordered edamame, they came fast enough but they where not good, cant say if over steamed or old but not something you'd expect.

They did not have the Ramen we wanted although that is not a problem as the other non vegetarian ramen is also good, the unfortunate issue was it was poorly portioned, it was not served as generously as other times, as an example each ramen had only one thins pork slice per plate and such.

This was a night of consistent errors of mismanagement, not a single thing went right, I hope the owner does read this message and work to correct the issues, it was not worth our money, not by a mile.

1  Thank Alejandro S
Noelia G, Propietario at Ramen Nogacu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

We are really sorry about your bad experience. We invite you to come back soon and we'll try to make you enjoy your dinner. Thanks four your review

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Having eating a lot of authentic ramen opened by Japanese chefs, I had high hopes for this restaurant, however I was very disappointed.

The tonkasu soup has no body; not rich by any means, it's just salty flavoured water. Ramen was instant-ramen quality, no chew and all salty. Charshu was and tasteless and tough, and edamame beans do not belong to a bowl ramen. The only saving grace was the egg, which had an acceptably flowy core (though nowhere near good).

I was confused why they gave me shichimi with the ramen - I immediately understood after having the first bite. Then I needed a lot of it to even finish the ramen. I have no idea why people are recommending this place - maybe if they sold this at 3€ then I could tolerate this bowl of instant-quality ramen, but at 8€? No thanks.

1  Thank tyteen4a03
Noelia G, Gerente at Ramen Nogacu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

In first place, thanks for your review. Sorry, but we are not agree with your opinion. We make The ramen for 24 hours, so it is far to be an instant soup. We hope you come and try again our plates to enjoy them.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I can't say I'm surprised I enjoyed it this much, unapologetic restaurants that focus on a plate from a foreign cuisine are either very good or they quickly go out of business.

The servings are big and the value is on par with the city, meaning cheap!

Great little gem