We visited Malaga as a base to do some exploring of nearby places, including Malaga itself. Having never been to Malaga before, we were unsure of where to go, but this place looked like it would do the job!
We arrived on the Saturday morning, earlier than the stated check in time, but that wasn't a problem, and were allowed to check in and get settled. This was a plus, as I have known places that either charge extra, or make you wait, regardless of the room occupancy.
We had a car, and were allowed to leave this as well - having said that, it was a chargeable car park, but we knew that anyway.
We set off to explore Malaga. I would say at this point that if you want a base to be in the centre of Malaga, don't pick this hotel; it is 2.5 miles to the centre. It will cost you 8-13 euros, depending on the time, or a 1 hour leisurely walk. The walk, for the most part is a nice one (on the sea front), except for when you reach the port. After that, you reach the town or marina, and the scenery picks up again.
Having said that, if you want (as we did) the hotel to be a base to do other things, then it is very easy to find, it has parking, and is pretty much on the busy sea front.
The rooms were clean, modern and attractive, being as comfortable as you need for a hotel room, with plenty of space. The shower was the most powerful shower I've ever experienced... I like that, but the other half had to turn it down.
In itself, the hotel is, again, modern and attractive. The staff speak perfect English and were happy to help at all times.
We didn't use the dining facilities, because we prefer to taste local cafés and restaurants, so couldn't really comment on this, apart from that it seemed busy with Spanish people, and this is always testament to a recommendation.
I get the impression that it is as much a hotel for business use than it is for tourists... but that is not a bad thing
All in all, a very pleasant stay, in a place that more than did the job that we needed it to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This chic, urban hotel is set on Málaga’s seafront promenade, blending modern style with timeless views over the glistening Mediterranean Sea and the sandy beaches of the Costa del Sol. The 4-star Vincci Málaga is a new property offering you the best in contemporary design. Its clean, minimalist decor – full of polished marble, parquet and clean white surfaces –contrasts well with the historic port city of Málaga. Each room enjoys plenty of natural light and all have sea views. They come equipped with flat-screen and internet connections. Begin each day with the Vincci’s continental breakfast selection, including traditional Spanish dried meats ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Southall Travel, Splitty, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vincci Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Vincci Hotel Malaga
- Vincci Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain