I got a cheap last minute deal at nearly half the full price and asked for a quiet room. We wanted a bit of beach time with easy access into the city centre, for four nights.
The room overlooked the lovely park next door, with black swans, turtles and huge fish in the lake. We had a glimpse of the sea and despite the noisy road the room was quiet enough. Air con worked well.
The room itself was satisfactory in every way. The hotel may be design led, as they say, but design sometimes gets in the way of function. Huge heavy breakfast cups ensure your coffee is always cold, for instance. A glass bathroom door cuts out no noise or light in either direction. As the beds were the wrong size for the built in recess, you bumped your head every time you tried to sit up against the headboard, while still having plenty of scope to lose stuff down the gap. But these are minor points.
To address other points made previously, the reception staff were serious looking rather than unfriendly. Breakfast was generally good, though the coffee situation was not. There was a machine which had broken down and the flasks of coffee which were provided were not very hot. Without the machine there was no tea either.
There are buses a short walk away which take you into town for 1.30 euros and there is a taxi rank just outside the hotel. .You can borrow a beach towel for a 10 euro deposit. The beach is nice, with showers, loungers for hire, and a particularly nice beach bar called La Campana.
All in all, for the price I paid, I was more than satisfied. If there were a category of good, rather than very good, it would give it that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This chic, urban hotel is set on Málaga’s seafront promenade, blending modern style with timeless views over the glistening Mediterranean Sea and the sandy beaches of the Costa del Sol. The 4-star Vincci Málaga is a new property offering you the best in contemporary design. Its clean, minimalist decor – full of polished marble, parquet and clean white surfaces –contrasts well with the historic port city of Málaga. Each room enjoys plenty of natural light and all have sea views. They come equipped with flat-screen and internet connections. Begin each day with the Vincci’s continental breakfast selection, including traditional Spanish dried meats ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vincci Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Vincci Hotel Malaga
- Vincci Malaga Costa Del Sol, Spain