“Five star location being a quiet safe road, minutes from central market”
Review of Hotel Trebol

Hotel Trebol
Ranked #3 of 36 Malaga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a new hotel with decent finishing, neutral colours, simple furnishing and the double room we booked was just large enough for two people to move around. Not a room that you will want to linger in, but adequate to rest your head at the end of a busy day. Small shower room but smartly done so you don't bang yourself on the fittings, soap provided and clean towels. there is a modest sitting area in the lobby, and also a bar area which looks incomplete with DIY materials stacked. but the downstairs guest loos are clean and maintained. Check in was a dream as all details were complete and they were able to charge my credit card with no issue despite me forgetting to bring it with me. 24hours reception meant we had someone waiting for our return, though no secure locker for bags you still felt it was ok as there was always someone on duty. Ask for the wi-fi code at the counter. Location is what makes this the perfect budget hotel as its just behind the central market at the old town, and a 20 minute walk from the main bus station with bags, or a 5 minute taxi journey. We were provided with a good city map and advice on where to eat and drink at all hours of the day. We had a good tour of the old city after arriving at 9pm and got back on foot at 3am with no issues, and via a pleasant cobbled street and interesting sights. we were on the first floor overlooking the street, but it was quiet as it is a dead end of a road, and its also winter time so less activitiy on the streets. Heater worked a dream too as it was very cold in Malaga now. Prices for this neat little hotel is certain to rise as they become more well-known.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank adit3005
There are newer reviews for Hotel Trebol

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed in hotel Trebol for two nights with my boyfriend. At the beginning I was quite scared what will await us, because the price was the lowest I could find on the internet. I was really surprised to find out that my room was clean, nice, the bathroom looked brand new and I had almost everything I needed. The shampoo and shower gel were missing. There was only a small soap bar on the sink. One more thing which was needed was another blanket, because on my arrival the weather had been changing and I was cold at night, because I had only a thin bed sheet. I had to use the cover sheet for bed to not freeze at night.
Overall the experience was pleasant, service at the desk helpful and polite and the position of the hotel was convenient. Just keep in mind that it is in the centre of Malaga, which means that over the weekend you might wake up thanks to people coming back from a party... as I was...

Room Tip: If possible, a room that does not face the main street... you might get better sleep and definitely...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucia_Alexandra87
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Trebol for 6 nights in October. We had never stayed in 1star accommodation before but having stayed in Spanish 2 star hotels (and found them to be great) we though we'd book in. The Hotel is very east to find being just along from the main market. When we checked in we were offered a map and asked if we had been to Malaga before, all the staff day and evening staff were extremely friendly and helpful although a bit of even basic Spanish I think is helpful as its very traditional (we prefer to holiday with locals). The room was small but not tiny, wardrobe had adequate hangers and room to tuck in a small case we had a balcony onto the street. Bathroom was on the small side but perfectly adequate with hairdryer and soap, towels were changed and room cleaned everyday (without request.... amazing). Its in a great area for seeing the city everywhere is within walking distance. We will definately go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in 204 and would recommend this as it had a street view and balcony (no extra charge eithe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShieldsTraveller
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights in this hotel. The room was a bit small but clean – including beds and bathroom. Actually the whole hotel was very clean.
The location is just at the corner of the historic centre of Málaga, close to all the sights that can be reached on foot.
The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank hausebau
Reviewed 4 August 2013

we have spent 4 nights in this hotel during our trip around Spain. The first 2 nights we were in a nice, very quiet room on the 4th floor. The rooms are not big but they are comfortable. We had to put our big luggage on the table otherwise we could have not go through he room. The shower is very tight and a big person would found difficult every movement. No support for shampoo in the shower, everything very narrow. We spent then 3 days in Granada and back in Malaga for the last 2 nights. This time the room was if possible smaller than the first one, with a double bed which was the smalles double bed I have ever seen: fortunately we are not a big couple!!!
In the second room the shower head holder was broken. Although we informed the reception about the problem, we had a shower holding the head with a hand for 2 days. I have been to hostels in UK and to 4 stars hotels aswell, I do not expect luxus but I paid for a bed, a toilet and a shower. If I cannot use the shower properly and when i have mentioned the problem, something is wrong here.
A/C worked tooo good: opposite to the bed, pomping air out direct on your face. It does not matter which temperature you set it, it is always very cold in the room! without is impossible to sleep but if you set it to 21C you feel 10C in the room!!
Personal friendly but as soon as you set the bill upon your arrival, they do not care anymore.
The second room had hair in the shower but nobody cared :-( The first room was cleaned.
WI-FI works only in the reception but if you have your laptop with you you can get a LAN cable in the reception.
Honestly I did not feel very welcome and I won´t choose it again.

Room Tip: Asked for 2 TWIN bed pushed together. They are bigger than a regular double bed. Some rooms have als...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HilPete
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Hotel located in a quiet street,so a bit hard to find it. Few minutes walk from the historic part of Malaga. Train station or the beach can be reached under 20 min. Helpful reception, with poor english, but they provided us a city map as a guide.
Small hotel, with almost new furnished rooms. Our room had a nice balcony, ari con, lcd tv, nice shower with clean towels every day. Wifi available in the lobby area for FREE.
Highly recommended for budget travelers to discover Malaga.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeslieCarter
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

A bit more than year after my first visit I made a new one staying this time a whole week. This hotel stands on the same level for me as it did year 2012. The only thing I couldn't find was a plug for the sink, but as a frequent traveler I was prepared for that.

Málaga has many religious processions. The hotel personel seem not to be religious because they didn't know about those or their knowledge in english didn't cover terms needed.

• Stayed: June 2013