“Decent budget accommodation.”
Review of Hotel Trebol

Hotel Trebol
Ranked #4 of 38 Malaga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just back from a two night stay. This is a budget hotel - no breakfast, no facilities for tea/coffee, no sitting area outside the actual rooms, wifi only in the tiny reception area. Our room was spotlessly clean, with comfortable beds, small but adequate shower cubicle and a sunny balcony. The air conditioning worked efficiently. The desk staff were helpful and friendly, and booked our early morning taxi to the airport.
We were only provided with one small towel each,and one plastic beaker in the bathroom (when we asked for another we were given a paper cup!). This was our first stay in Malaga, and for the price we paid, no complaints. Would recommend for basic accommodation in a convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MsRiley

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Excellent! The hotel is located in the center, everywhere was very close (to the main street about 30 seconds walk). Rooms new and very clean. The lady who cleaned our room every day doing it very well. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: In a 1st floor still is connection with wifi.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have left my Australian adaptor in room 303, I will be back on the 14th if you could save it you'd be the miracle hotel. The hotel was very nice as was the staff. We were given directions and a map which was all we needed. We spent little time in the hotel so it was perfect. Only note: wifi is In Reception

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 5 January 2014

A great location in the centre of Malaga but without too much noise! Very clean with excellent friendly staff! Rooms aren't massive but more than adequate for the price. Provided free early check in and offer taxi services for airport trips etc. Excellent hotel for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a new hotel with decent finishing, neutral colours, simple furnishing and the double room we booked was just large enough for two people to move around. Not a room that you will want to linger in, but adequate to rest your head at the end of a busy day. Small shower room but smartly done so you don't bang yourself on the fittings, soap provided and clean towels. there is a modest sitting area in the lobby, and also a bar area which looks incomplete with DIY materials stacked. but the downstairs guest loos are clean and maintained. Check in was a dream as all details were complete and they were able to charge my credit card with no issue despite me forgetting to bring it with me. 24hours reception meant we had someone waiting for our return, though no secure locker for bags you still felt it was ok as there was always someone on duty. Ask for the wi-fi code at the counter. Location is what makes this the perfect budget hotel as its just behind the central market at the old town, and a 20 minute walk from the main bus station with bags, or a 5 minute taxi journey. We were provided with a good city map and advice on where to eat and drink at all hours of the day. We had a good tour of the old city after arriving at 9pm and got back on foot at 3am with no issues, and via a pleasant cobbled street and interesting sights. we were on the first floor overlooking the street, but it was quiet as it is a dead end of a road, and its also winter time so less activitiy on the streets. Heater worked a dream too as it was very cold in Malaga now. Prices for this neat little hotel is certain to rise as they become more well-known.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank adit3005
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed in hotel Trebol for two nights with my boyfriend. At the beginning I was quite scared what will await us, because the price was the lowest I could find on the internet. I was really surprised to find out that my room was clean, nice, the bathroom looked brand new and I had almost everything I needed. The shampoo and shower gel were missing. There was only a small soap bar on the sink. One more thing which was needed was another blanket, because on my arrival the weather had been changing and I was cold at night, because I had only a thin bed sheet. I had to use the cover sheet for bed to not freeze at night.
Overall the experience was pleasant, service at the desk helpful and polite and the position of the hotel was convenient. Just keep in mind that it is in the centre of Malaga, which means that over the weekend you might wake up thanks to people coming back from a party... as I was...

Room Tip: If possible, a room that does not face the main street... you might get better sleep and definitely...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucia_Alexandra87
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Trebol for 6 nights in October. We had never stayed in 1star accommodation before but having stayed in Spanish 2 star hotels (and found them to be great) we though we'd book in. The Hotel is very east to find being just along from the main market. When we checked in we were offered a map and asked if we had been to Malaga before, all the staff day and evening staff were extremely friendly and helpful although a bit of even basic Spanish I think is helpful as its very traditional (we prefer to holiday with locals). The room was small but not tiny, wardrobe had adequate hangers and room to tuck in a small case we had a balcony onto the street. Bathroom was on the small side but perfectly adequate with hairdryer and soap, towels were changed and room cleaned everyday (without request.... amazing). Its in a great area for seeing the city everywhere is within walking distance. We will definately go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in 204 and would recommend this as it had a street view and balcony (no extra charge eithe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple