“Difficult to sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostel Juanita

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hostel Juanita
Ranked #25 of 134 Speciality Lodging in Malaga
Sydney, Australia
“Difficult to sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great location, right in the heart of town. Friendly staff, clean rooms. I booked because of previous positive reviews. BUT RIGHT NOW the building is very old and undergoing total renovation, covered in scaffolding. Sadly, the floor directly above the Hostal is the worst. From around 8am in the morning until 6pm, there was this constant drilling and hammering, so loud and deafening, you could not hear the tv and made staying in the hostal unbearable, I had to get out. Not that I mind, as I came to see the city. I then thought I would try to return for a siesta but drilling all afternoon as well. I was exhausted when I left and had terrible headache. Check with the Hostal before you book if the renovations work is completed. If I had known I definitely would not have stayed or asked for a major reduction. I know it's not their fault and the reception staff were completely apologetic, but you can't keep a Hostal open during such major loud works and renovations going on at the same time.

Room Tip: Dont stay here until the renovations are finished! Or unless you plan to only be there from 9pm unti...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Beyondtheglobe1890

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kyiv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We booked a night at the Hostel (Pension) Juanita in Malaga for a quick overnight stay prior to a cruise (Actually, we stayed there a night on either end of the cruise). You don't expect much when you rent the best room a hotel has for just EUR 35, but for our purposes it was great: A comfy bed, clean room with en suite shower, toilet and sink, and a very pleasant reception staff.

It is right in the center and on a quiet side street. The immediate streets are pedestrian-only, but the closest arterial is 2 blocks away.

Therein was the biggest problem: Taxis can’t just pull up in front. We took a can from the airport at 10 pm, and another driver had to instruct our cabbie as to how to find the place. Even so, we got dropped a block away with bad instructions and spent a while strolling into cafes and asking whether anyone had ever heard of it. Finally, a nice elderly couple on their evening stroll literally walked us to the door!

The walls are very thin, so wherther the room is 'quiet' depends on your neighbors. We had no complaints. Cafes are steps away, you have 24-hour access, and the price makes it irresistible for a short stay when you'll weither be sleeping or out of the (very small) room.

Getting a cab back to the airport was easy – the hotel’s reception set it up the night before, and showed us exactly where to go to meet the cab.

It was a brisk 30-minute walk to the area of the port where our ship was moored. The hotel’s a great ‘base’ from which to explore beautiful Malaga.

Room Tip: Get the best they offer, with ensuite bathroom. We were happy in Room 13!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ExpatUA
Fife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Stayed here in May. More than adequate for my needs and bonus - step out of the door into the heart of old Malaga. Plenty ot see and do in immediate surrounds, pleanty of places to eat and not far from the harbour. Recption spoke good English and were very helpful and welcoming. Felt very safe as a solo lady traveller. What impressed me most was the cleanliness. Absolutely immaculate. The shared bathrooms were as good as a much more expensive hotel and cetrainly top many "hostels" at home. I had a small single. I don;t know what they do their laundry with but my sheets smelt gorgeous! Highly recommend and will most definitely use again if in Malaga.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Nyk.f.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We love the service, and the place.
It's also great they have a lift.
There will also be cleaned each day.
It is small but, nice rooms.
It's nice people there are.
The staff is very nice!!. :-)
So it just fantastic.
See you soon, my friend's!.
Love's from room nr. 9. ;-)

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kim p
North Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

What a great little hotel! Smack in the center of town, walking distance to everything, including the train station. My room is HUGE! It has 2 beds and a sink, and is by far the most spacious room I've had so far. The guy at the front desk was super helpful, gave me a map and circled the good area's to see. The room and bathrooms are spotless, can't complain about that!
Check my blog for photos...
www.livingmylifeinreverse.blogspot.com