“Great experience!”

Museo del Vidrio y Cristal de Malaga
Ranked #3 of 209 things to do in Malaga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The museum is located in a crefully restored 18th century house, where we can browse through the history of humanity by means of the glass. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday, from 11am to 7pm. Closed on Mondays, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, 6th January and for the whole of the month of August.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Totally surprised how entertaining it was! Short and intensive guided tour by a gentleman that is the owner of this beautiful house! I agree with the previous reviews! Totally recommend!

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Definitely worth visiting”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I think the other reviews have already said everything, but it was unexpectedly good.
A private museum with a very passionate owner/tour guide.

Malaga, Spain
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Totally awesome home/Museum”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

One of the 3 owners gave us a personal tour of his home. We were there for 2+ hours, he adjusted his tour to accommodate our interests.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jane h
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best im Malaga”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I can't say we expected a great deal when we found this museum, but what a delightful surprise it turned out to be.
I'm not a great fan of guided tours as a rule, but here we were so lucky to be shown around by the owner and collector of this wonderful display of glass from all periods of history. Another pleasant surprise was that the museum, while focussing on glass, is really one of decorative arts and material culture. It's in a beautifully-restored house, with glass displayed in appropriate room settings with furniture and paintings of the relevant period.
The tour ends with a master class on investing in more recently produced glass that is affordable but is expected to increase in value. If you're staying anywhere near Malaga this is a "must see" museum

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Anatoliy K
Reading
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A quirky visit”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is such an interesting visit and totally unexpected. I had read reviews on Trip Advisor so knew it would be great but was unsure if my husband would enjoy the trip but he found it as fascinating as me. The owner takes you round on a guided tour and usually this can be dry but his talk was witty and very informative. The house itself is a gem full of shady corners, palms and delightfully furnished spaces. My husband loved studying the exquisite twist stem wine glasses. All in all a great visit with lots of thought provoking things to take away. I hope the owners manage to help to develop the area even more so artisans can be nearby. I also loved the idea that beautiful things are there to be used and loved.

Visited May 2014