“Excellent location and decoration”

Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Malaga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent location and decoration”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Everything here is simple but amazing the colors the work of art surrounding you ween you enter... The location is perfect in the heart of the old city for a tourist no hotel would be better than this one if you are looking to visit all the historical sites everything is just a walking distance from the hotel.
For me and during my stay the hotel was perfectly clean and always well organized.
The only downside for was the size of the room main was very small... I've stayed in three hotels in Malaga this one was the best.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adel066
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest,

It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones.

We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Kindest regards.
Carmen Fernández

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a jewel, located adjacent to the commercial area, making a 5 or so minute stroll to restaurants & shops. A benefit is its great location adjacent to the business district where there are many great places to eat and drink, including tapas restaurants, pastry shops, churros & chocolate, wine and spirits and all sorts of other shops for children's clothes, shoes, olive oil soaps...and on and on. The hotel is also located near landmarks such as the Cathedral and Roman amphitheater. The hotel is situated over archeological ruins which hotel guests can investigate. Now to the hotel itself. The rooms are spacious and tastefully appointed. There are amenities such as in-room Internet, refrigerator and cable TV with several English language channels. Rooms are quiet and the bed is comfortable
This is a great up-scale place to stay and better yet, it comes at a reasonable cost.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jack D
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read comments such as yours that encourage us to continue making an effort so that our customers' experiences at our hotels is pleasant and enjoyable.

We would be delighted to be able to welcome you again to any of our hotels.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I had read that a taxi ride from the airport to this hotel cost around 19 euros, I was charged 28.60 euros, I realised that the taxi driver was overcharging me but not speaking any Spanish I could not argue with him. So beware as the taxi back to the airport only charged me 18 euros (the correct fare).
As for the hotel my advice is to check the hotel website as they offer much cheaper rates than some internet hotel booking companies.. I also had a few problems at this hotel which were resolved, but I would like to mention that when the rooms are cleaned strong room sprays are used which can be quite overwhelming & without warning, I happen to be allergic to chemical sprays and would have thought the hotel informed the guest before the using such strong sprays. I did not like this. You can request no room spray, I wish I had been informed about this when I checked in. Inhaling room spray was not something I was expecting this has never happened to me in any hotel I have stayed in.
I would not consider that the breakfast here was 5 star , I have stayed in various 5 star hotels around the world including The Langham, Hong Kong and there is no comparison. Perhaps the Vincci management should visit The Langham for improvement.
Overall I would rate the hotel 4 stars.

Room Tip: Use hotel website for best rates
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank applet
VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen us and for offering us your comments and opinions. We will take them into account carefully, because they will help us improve every day, and also to adapt our facilities and services to our customers' tastes and needs.

We hope that you can visit us in the near future so that you can enjoy a real Vincci experience.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice hotel, within walking distance to the main shopping area and restaurants and even to the alcazaba passing the picasso museum, church and various other museums along the way. If you are into art Museo Revello de Toro is worth a visit. Tapas and personnel in the bar area was very pleasant, Did not eat at the restaurant but believe it is good also did not make use of the spa / pool area on the top floor. Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Champagne42
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us and for sharing your experience. We are pleased to read how much you enjoyed the Vincci experience at our hotel.

We hope that you will come back to see us soon. We would be delighted to welcome you.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a lovely hotel. I had a huge room, which was very well equipped.
Only small problem was that the plug lead was broken and stuck in the bath.
However, the rest was wonderful, including the very friendly staff.
I did not have time or appetite to do justice to the breakfast, but what I had was delicious, including local specialities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank KennyK12
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to be able to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is very well located in the center in Malaga: the Place of the Constitution is located at 2 minutes per walk.
A welcome drink with Malaga typical wine is offered. This is much appreciated.
Hotel has been refurbished.
Our room was very comfortable, the air conditioning was working very well and the bed was also very comfortable.
A safety deposit box is in the cupboard, it is large enough to receive a laptop.
Free wifi.
The swimming pool is located at the 4rd floor and offers bath towels located in the room at the entrance (on the left).
Taxis are always available in front of the hotel (20 euros to go to the airport in 25 minutes) as the metro/bus are a mystery in this town.

One remark:
Not sure that the manager Paola will talk to you if you are not a Spanish businessman but the rest of the team will be pleased to help you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Inconnu2430
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear guest,

We would be delighted to be able to welcome you again to any of our hotels.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in one of the suites which was exceptionally clean, spacious and comfortable.
The decor and beauty products were great and the staff were extremely efficient and attentive.
In particular Yussuf and the bar staff/room service.

Only criticism is the lack of complimentary water which has previously been mentioned - just a coffee machine which I couldn't fathom to use. Free bottle/jug of water in the room is a must - please?

Facilities are great - just a shame the bar/restaurant downstairs does not seem to get more trade - maybe open the blinds so that it's more inviting from the outside?

I am hoping to return again soon and will book with you again. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Can be a bit noisy at the front on the road - upper rooms facing in onto the courtyard are best.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lounharry
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments, and we will pass on your congratulations to the whole team. It is our greatest satisfaction to hear that you have had a good experience at our hotel, and this is our motivation for working every day.

We would like to let you know that we will take your opinions into account: they will doubtless help us to improve the customer service we offer our guests in the future.

We would be delighted to welcome you again to our hotel.

With best wishes.