“Yay! Multiple vegan options clearly labelled!”

El Vegetariano de la Alcazabilla
Ranked #162 of 2,209 Restaurants in Malaga
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As a vegan travelling to Spain I was resigned to mild starvation, massive overdose of chips/fries or picking dairy products (or eurgh, meat) off my food to pass to my omnivore partner. So when the hotel we were staying at recommended this place we went to try it. Not only are there multiple vegan options, the menu comes in several languages and vegan options are clearly labelled as such :D If you sit outside you are also in the shade which I can imagine is important in August and also you have a view of the Alcazabar.

I had the vegan platter which was lovely. My partner went for the empanadilla platter (they are a kind of pasty which had a range of cheesy filllings). To start we had bread with 2 spreads which the host kindly explained which one was vegan and which one wasn't (which even with my non existent Spanish was made sufficiently clear). The vegan one was very tasty and my partner tells me so was the other.

I didn't try my Spanish out to ask which of the wines or beers were vegan friendly so more diligent vegans with better Spanish may want to do that or do what I did and just stick to Cruzcampo :D The service was fast and friendly.

1  Thank Gemma C

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We visited this restaurant twice it was so good. Although the menu in the evening was limited, it changed each day and there were still plenty of choices. The staff went out of their way to accommodate specific food allergies as well. If we had stayed longer, we would have returned again and again.

1  Thank Simon G
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had a lovely meal. The starter of goats cheese and salad was brilliant and the main was excellent.
We were warned that we'd order re too much and that was true. The Rose wine was also excellent.
Only downside was it was difficult to find especially on the sat nav

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been to this restaurant a number of times over the years, with my most recent visit being only a couple of days ago. The food has always been fresh, tasty. The service is friendly. I will visit again next time I am in Malaga

1  Thank Noise0
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Not a vegetarian but went twice in 7 days. I am in the restaurant business and the quality and flavours the chef puts out on the plates is outstanding. The ambience and the staff is also very good. Well done !!. You will miss something very nice if you do not go...

1  Thank Robert K