The hotel was magnificent. A HIDDEN GEM. I surprised my husband on his birthday as we were stopping in Malaga on the way home to US from our honeymoon. He was thrilled. The hotel rests on the top of a mountain adjacent to the fort/castle.
We ended up spending the whole day at the hotel (and visited the castle-- also breathtaking views). It was peaceful and romantic. Overlooked entire city of Malaga and Mediterranean Sea.
Service at check - in could not have been better. The lady who checked us in was extremely kind and helpful.
We went to dinner (I didn't think we could based on another review of no late night food-WRONG-- dinner begins at 8:30 and goes late into the evening). We stayed on a Saturday night and the restaurant obviously is a hot spot as there were a lot of diners late into the evening. You can sit outside at night overlooking the ocean/city by candlelight and eat dinner. They had live music. The food was very good. We especially enjoyed lunch at the cafeteria on the main floor. We sat outside and had a cheese plate and wine.... be aware-- the portions are HUGE. (not expected for a European meal) We dined at the restaurant in the evening. The food was very good. We eat out A LOT especially in NYC and our tastes are pretty discriminating. I won't say superior but the view made it all worth it and the food was very good--- I ordered the pork with roasted peppers and pate- delicious!!! celery and pumpkin soup- not recommended, shells with fish - delicious.. fried squids- fine (my husband ordered them and wished htat he hadn't--too heavy) Dessert- flan with mango DELICIOUS. We did not stay for buffet breakfast however I did look at it and was disappointed we did not stay- it looked very nice with lots of native foods. NOTE: Tip is included in bill.
Air conditioner - worked great- a plus for Europe and the rooms had quaint balconies with breathtaking views. Bathroom- modern and VERY nice. Flat screen tv. Large room. Very clean.
I couldn't have chosen a better hotel for the evening. We tend to book only higher end hotels and this fit the bill. THE ONLY ISSUE was the bed. There were two single beds (on wheels) that were pushed together. ( I think this is pretty common in Europe) My husband and I couldn't really get comfortable as the beds were not attached and would separate in the middle- we ended up falling asleep on our "separate" sides. It is possible that they may have Queen or King Beds...STILL I would have gone back to this hotel in a heartbeat. It really is a hidden gem. So nice we did not want to leave and tour the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by pines, the Parador de Málaga Gibralfaro stands atop Mount Gibralfaro opposite the Alcazaba (Citadel), with views of the bay and city of Malaga from a unique perspective. The common areas, guest rooms and rooftop swimming pool offer beautiful views of the town and sea. Here you will enjoy traditional Andalusian culinary offerings, including exquisite Málaga-style fried fish. In Málaga, you won't want to miss the Pablo Ruíz Picasso Foundation Birthplace Museum, where you will discover more than 230 works by the painter. The hotel, built out of stone next to Gibralfaro Castle, is the ideal location for visiting the city and enjoying sports such as golf and tennis at the nearby Parador del Golf. Málaga and its surrounding area are filled with light and beauty, offering the perfect vantage point overlooking the Mediterranean, a wonderful experience in which warm temperatures and the joy of Andalusia are assured. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parador de Malaga Gibralfaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Malaga Gibralfaro Hotel Malaga
- Parador De Malaga Gibralfaro málaga
- Parador Malaga
- Parador De Malaga Gibralfaro Costa Del Sol, Spain