Book In Advance
Tours from Julia Travel Costa Del Sol tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Julia Travel Costa Del Sol
from US$58.10
from US$102.30
from US$9.69
from US$52.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Excellent well organised trip. We were staying in Malaga so we had a lot of stops to collect people on the way to the port - but that was very understandable.
It’s a long day but well worth it -
Staff were so friendly and helpful - they had thought of everything
Our guide in Morocco was fantastic
Only delay was at the boat with customs - but that’s understandable too.
Lunch was lovely - no delay, lovely local food -
Only fault maybe was we spent a little 2 long in the carpet shop.....
No free time for shopping but I could understand why ... as it would take all day to find everyone in the maze of tiny streets and shops. It would be impossible not to get lost.
All in all a great day - would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Having looked forward to this trip for a long time it was immediately dampened down by the tour guide 'Paco' not getting our names correct & then questioning the type of tour we had chosen! Having been advised of a hotel pick up we were then frog marched to the bus 500 metres away with no other words spoken. From our hotel, with pick ups, journey was 2 hrs & no commentary from guide until last people were on the bus. Then commentary was in regard to "If you look out the right hand side of the bus, you'll see exactly the same as out of the left side of the bus ".... we were travelling through a tunnel at the time!!!!
There was very little info from the guide in regard to Gibraltar & most commentary was derogatory about one nation or another. On our journey, the British & Americans got it!!! Some will say "It's humour", others will say the comments are not helpful in today's society.
We took up the independent shopping tour of Gibraltar & got 4.5 hours to look around, which was great.
We got back to the coach with half an hour to spare & as we attempted to get on the coach were told to get off again as coach had to be secured ( there were people already sitting on the coach) & everyone had to get back off so tour guide could go for a smoke & coach door wasn't even closed.
Journey back began with guide counting the number of people on board & shouting "Alleluia" at the top of his voice when his numbers matched, something he repeated once we got to the border & had to get off to go through customs & got onto the coach for the last time. Return journey approx 2.5 hrs with drop offs.
Paco obviously had a good command of languages but we feel that his choice of words could have made the trip instead of being the only thing we remember about the trip!
Gibraltar great....tour operator & guide could do so much better!!!

Edgar W, Director General at Julia Travel Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear suecliff2015,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on our Gibraltar tour.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your visit to the city yet you mentioned several things regarding our guide that are quite worrying. I have already notified the situation to our responsible in Malaga so that they can take the appropriate measures.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The walk was truly fantastic and highly recommended!

The logistic was terrible . We started at 8:45 am from Malaga and arrived back at 5:30 pm. Most of the time was spent in the bus or waiting. The fantastic walk took only 2 hours!

The trip from Malaga to the hike took less than an hour, while the trip back took over 2.5 hours stopping at almost all places between Marbella and Malaga. We were not informed of this and it was a total waste of our time sitting in an uncomfortable bus for hours.
We strongly recommend you to find a tour organizer that takes you directly to and back from the walk.

1  Thank Bo W
Edgar W, Director General at Julia Travel Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Bo W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your experience with our company.
I am happy you enjoyed our tour to the Caminito del Rey. However, with regards to your commentaries I would like to state that in all our official selling points it is precisely pointed out the tours may include several stops to pick up or drop off passengers along the way.

As you found the Caminito to be a fantastic site, I hope to see you again in one of our tours soon.

Best regards,
Edgar W

Reviewed 1 week ago

We did two trips with Julia Travel and both were great. The Gibraltar Shopping trip being the first on the 1/11/2018. The coach was comfortable and on time and the journey time was fine; once there we had about 5-6 hours to do was we pleased and explore Gibraltar before arriving back at the coach for our return. A minor criticism is that our guide never gave us more information about Gibraltar whilst we were on the coach; other than that it was great and represented good value for money.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent. The tour is almost entirely the Alhambra which is astonishing. Bus drops you off at the main entrance. Our Alhambra guide was very good. He explained a lot. Gave us loads of time for looking, photos and asking questions. How much time you have in Granada depends on how long you take in the Alhambra. We were well over 3 hours. A word of warning. You are on your feet from when you leave the bus until you get to lunch which is in Granada, which you walk downhill to. We had a couple of hours then it was time to walk to the bus which was 20 mins away. Around 5 to 6 hours walking. The tour guide was very good too. Very informative. Did very well especially considering he was speaking in 4 languages! I did this tour at the end of October and it was 25C. Personally I would have found the heat in summer very difficult. The bus journey is around 2 hrs on the road but it does a 15 min toilet break on the way there and 30 mins on the way back. I left from Malaga at 8am and returned just after 7.15pm. If you are late, even by a few minutes, for the bus in the morning, it will leave without you. Worth phoning the company and double checking the pick up point as there are a lot of roadworks in central Malaga at the moment. Don’t be late! All in all a great day and well worth it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Thank u to Julia travel tour guide Susana
We went to tangier for the day
Susana was fantastic English well spoken but also spoke Spanish and other few languages
Explained everything in details we wer very impressed as we looked At reviews previously which wer negative. Susana
Did her job really well also went out of her way to help me with my needs as my leg flared up from previous injury from uk .
She made everything easier wil definitely recommend Julia travel with tour guide like Susana thank u
Also thanks to tour guide Hussain In tangier he did well with his madina tour.. I recommend Julia travel with tour guide like Susana who worked very hard with the group would recommend anyone to try the experience with this company
Thank u ..

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went as part of a tour and it is worth a visit. Obviously there are a lot of steps so you need to be mobile. Take the audio tour or it will be a bit boring.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I really enjoyed the experience of learning a new culture as I had never been to Morocco before, being in Malaga I thought about giving this adventure a go. However, it would have been improved perhaps with an over night stay as it was a very long day from coach pick up to coach drop off (5am - 8pm). Also, we could see more of the city and so on. I wish I was pre-warned about these “extra” things at a cost such as pictures of your camel ride at 2 euros; the 3-minute camel ride was 2 euros but only had a 5 euro note and the guy who took care of the camels didn’t give me change! It was a con to say the least!

On the flip side the tour guides were very helpful and friendly, It’s given me a taste of Moroccan culture.

2  Thank naolui
Edgar W, Director General at Julia Travel Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear naolui,

Thank you for posting a review on our Tangier tour.

We will take your notes into consideration for future revisions of the tour and I am glad to see you enjoyed the explanations of our guides. I will make sure to notify their manager so that your comments reach them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just woke up from the worst nightmare of 20 hours trip to Tangier and I felt I had to inform other travellers of the experience they might have if they choose this trip.

I love travelling and I have travelled visited many countries with different cultures and have never been left so disappointed in my life.

We booked our tour through our hotel (Globales Pueblo Andaluz), first of all hotel has no clue about what this tour includes or itinerary of the trip. But they said that bus will pick us up at 7.35 am and drop us off before 6.00 pm, which I thought was reasonable time. So we where picked up yesterday morning almost on time and after that everything just went down the hill. We arrived at Tarifa port and were informed that the ferry we suppose to get was cancelled to we had to wait for next one for another two hours, which I didn’t mind as we didn’t get any breakfast at hotel so we had coffee and a toast from cafe. After 11.00 am we started lining up for boarding pass checks and going through the gates we realised that security check doesn’t work so we had to wait for at least 20 minutes to get that fixed. After long waiting and multiple passports checks and other paperwork we were on the ferry and that’s all I cared in that moment. An hour later we were in Tangier another lining up for passport control.. couldn’t wait to explore old streets of Morocco, but once we got first information about the trip I was little disappointed, because I didnt expect to be trapped in the bus entire time with no chance to withdraw money, take photos or even have a toilet break. So first stop was car park with camels.. as I had no money I just walked up to the beach for some photos, but couldn’t not notice the state the camels where in. It looked like a they haven’t been fed for weeks and they could barely stand up for those who chosen to have 30 second ride around the car park. Can’t delete that image from my mind, after reading some replies from this company to other reviews ‘different standards in different continents’ and all that crap. I have been to other African countries and I have never seen camel size of the starved dog. Sorry, but this not what people want to see crossing the continents. Anyway this is not the worst part of the trip.

Second stop - food time. So walked up to restaurant and first chance to take money out of bank as we were told that you had to pay for drinks. With some problems we finally managed to withdraw some cash for drinks and some souvenirs. I suggest to take some euros with you, I thought it would be easier to deal with Moroccan money, but it was just a hassle to stop anywhere as you were rushed to follow the group. We went upstairs and food was on the table, I am not a fussy eater and I was too hungry so I was fine with what we had, but not a lot of people seem to enjoy the food. That’s just a personal taste. Drinks where way overpriced, I would suggest to buy some water or a soft drink on the ferry as you won’t get a chance to stop at any shop. In our situation, I would actually suggest to bring as much food you need to survive a day.

Third stop - on a way to carpet shop. After leaving restaurant dozens of local charlatans literally throwing a lot of crap in your face. I just kept my head down and said no thank you for whatever they had to offer - belts, faded t-shirts, jewellery, glitter stones and so on. All I wanted to buy was just some fridge magnets what most tourists would have, but I felt so harassed by street merchants that I was scared to have to look around for any of that stuff. All I was thinking ‘get me out of here please’. Carpet shop seemed like an escape to heaven people smiling and welcoming indoors.. three floors after we were in carpet paradise and little presentation about carpets and history which wasn’t relevant to me or my friend. After presentation all sellers came out of nowhere and try talk you into buying that carpets, I was rushing downstairs to get out of sight, but there again about 7 merchants waiting outside to sell you useless stuff.

Now we are rushed to port .. spent my last money on magnets outside the port, because that was the only free minute to have my own time. After passport control we were finally waiting for ferry to arrive. About 4.30 pm. An hour later still no ferry. We asked other people what’s happening but nobody received any information from Paco(tour guide). Another hour later we heard something about ferry to be broken. Then when ferry arrived it was for other tourist groups and Paco did try to get us tickets as well but ferry left without waiting for us. So we where stuck at the port with no food or drink. Absolutely exhausted and dehydrated. Some time later we were finally taken in some hall .. with coupe vending machines with poor coffee and some chocolates. But again I had no money left and no food or drink for that matter. After another hour when people got extremely fed of all waiting and kept speaking to Paco (with no answers) we manage to fight for one free cup of coffee or water bottle. Still waiting for ferry an hour later. Absolutely no information what’s happening and when we are going back to Spain.

After waiting for over 5 hours at port ferry arrived and I couldn’t wait to get back to hotel. About 23.00 Spanish time we were on ferry and at 2:00 am we finally arrived at hotel. I have never been this tired and hungry in my entire life.

We were one of the first ones to be dropped off at the hotel. Most people were heading to Malaga which was another 2 hours and they were picked up at 5:30 am. So 24 hours trip if they are lucky with one meal. Without any exaggeration this was a complete nightmare not a trip you would expect in any part of the world. ONLY good thing about all this was we met really nice people from different parts of world who made this miserable time manageable. We comforted each other and tried to keep calm. People had flights next morning (hope they made it), girl with broken leg, people working next day, elder.. How can this be acceptable in any country?

I have read replies to some of reviews and I do expect ‘sorry trip didn’t meet my expectations’ or ‘we inform customers about multiple stops’ or ‘we are not responsible about ferry being late’. I understand that some of these issues you can’t predict and maybe it’s only some miscommunication between Morocco and Spain. But what would I expect was some reassurance from Paco that everything will be fine and we will get home safe. We didn’t hear any of that and not a single SORRY in these hours of wait. Paco didn’t take any responsibility about anything that happened. I seen people crying their eyes out of how we were treated.

Unfortunately, I won’t be choosing any tours with this company in near future and I wouldn’t advise to anyone else especially if you stay in Malaga, have small kids or elder people .. it’s not worth it. I know Julia travels won’t do anything about this to compensate almost two days of wasted of time, but I hope people in the future will think twice before booking with this travel agency. However they only care about business and money they get from people not about them to enjoy this authentic experience.

I am really looking to forward for someone to elaborate on this matter. Not that I expect my money returned for my wasted time at ports.

Dear gklovane,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on our Tangier tour. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that, although out of our control, you experienced while on tour with us.

I am sorry you were not properly informed by your seller about what exactly the tour consisted of, but unfortunately we cannot control what information you were given. We do provide all information related to it on our official website and selling sites, and we always provide a telephone so that our customers can reach us should they have any doubts.

We were notified of what happened with the boat the following day. Unfortunately, we realized what had happened at the same time that you did. The guide had no prior information, and although he did try his best to get you back to Spain as soon as possible, there was no way he could share information he did not possess at the time. He did the best he could given the unmanageable situation.

I would also like to point out that we cannot be held responsible of the state of the camels. It is disheartening, but they do not have very strict policies in regards to animal protection if you compare it to other countries. And following your notes on the fact that you encountered difficulties to withdraw money I would like to clarify that we cannot be held responsible if our customers do not bring enough currency with them, especially on that day, in which, as you well pointed out, you were on a tight schedule because of the ferry’s delay. We cannot make the rest of the customers wait while some leave the group to pursue personal matters, however we do know for a fact that the guide tried to help you find a cashier so that you could have some money with you.

On the matter of the restaurant, we know for a fact that the food they serve is of high quality as representatives of the company often travel to Tangier and check on it. As you well say, it may be a question of taste. Regarding your comment on the local vendors, I am afraid that once again it is out of our control. It is true that some customers find them somewhat harassing, and I am sorry that you were one of them, but it is a part of their culture and not a situation that we can fully contain, although we try our best (which is why we always bring our customers to shops we know we can trust).

Again I would like to apologize for your terrible experience, but as you well explain on your review it was due to a miscommunication and out of our hands. We will try our best to make sure that it never happens again from our end and of course you are welcome to chase for a refund if you feel it is due.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worst trip I ever took in my life and I am a well traveled person.
They told us to be at the meeting point at 8:25, they where about an hour late, then they rushed us all day long, and managed to take us to Malaga one hour early than the initial plan, so we only had four hours in Cordoba. Entrance to the Cathedral was included, a guide met us there with the tickets then rushed everybody throught the Mezquita and then the juderia, so we where left with two hours to have lunch and get back to the bus which was not close. Worst experience ever, they told us on multiple ocasions that if we are late we will be on our own, and they where very disrespectfull the whole day, the guide on the bus didn’t say much the whole trip about the places we passed through but remainded us on several ocasions not to be late when the bus leaves stops or Cordoba. There are not many tours from Malaga to Cordoba, but do not get this one! Go on your own!

Edgar W, Director General at Julia Travel Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Miruna-Ioana F,

Thank you for posting your opinion on our Cordoba tour.

I am sorry if you felt rushed in any way, it is certainly not our goal. We do try to make sure that all of our customers make the most of their time with us, as their time in the city is precious, but we will take your notes into account to revise the tour and see if any changes need to be made.

I would also like to apologize for the bus running late. We do have a strict policy regarding tardiness, which is why the guide repeatedly remarked customers not to be late so as to avoid having to make customers wait because of other’s being late. However, in the case of the bus there may be situations out of our control that force our hand, such as traffic jams.