“Very cool hotel”
Review of NH Malaga

NH Malaga
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Traveling in business, I just stay for a night, but in my opinion I can say that's a very cool hotel to stay, for business or for holidays, in a city very beautiful, clean and organized. The breakfast is quite nice, good quality. I just don't understand why some hotels still charge for internet wi-fi, like this one, even if they have free 1/2 hour at the lobby. In this times, it's something old fashion.
The rooms are very confortable, good bathroom and amenities, lcd tv with cable, nice bed.
Resuming, a good place to stay when travelling to Malaga, very well located and beautiful decoration.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Monalisa1969
Write a ReviewReviews (1,310)

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife, infant and I stayed here for a weekend on arriving in Spain from Canada. The hotel is perfect and the staff go beyond the call of duty. The rooms are huge to start. I also like the fact that the bedroom section of the room is divided by another door to the entrance/bathroom area of the room. With our baby in tow, this was great for being able to have her nap without waking her up. Even greater was the crib that the hotel provided with a great mattress in it along with side bumpers - this was truly the best service we've received with our daughter and we travel quite a lot; this was also the place where she slept best. The rooms are also very quiet and we couldn't hear any of the other guests.
On to the breakfast: it's amazing! A huge spread of food choices and impossible to try it all (though I certainly wanted to) over a couple of nights.
Location: perfectly situated only a couple blocks from the train station (which connects with the airport), we walked to the airport with a lot of luggage without problem. It's also in a great location for being on the edge of the old town and shopping areas, along with some of the tourist sites such as the cathedral and parks.
In sum, it's a great hotel that I would definitely come to again!! Thanks NH Malaga staff for making the beginning of our Spanish adventure perfect :)

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have a nice view of the old town, but from what we could see everything was a good...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveldude765
Reviewed 12 January 2012

As a senior citizen my hotel requirements are simple but precise : LOCATION, PRICE, COMFORT, CONVENIENCE and SECURITY/SAFETY. NH Malaga hits all these buttons, close to the bus station, a wonderful market and my present wife's favourite shopping location El Cortes Ingles - the finest shopping chain in Spain. The centre of Malaga is like a small village within a large city and is a mere twelve minute stroll from the NH. Here on Calle Larios are all of my favourite haunts, the Cafe Central is a wonderful bar, atmospheric, authentic and serving wonderful simple cheap tapas. Lepanto (7) is an old world coffee bar that serves as Malagas top confiteria (cookies & pastries) and has a well earned reputation for excellence. The interior is exquisitely decorated and seating is available on the street which is ideal for people watching. A must for morning coffee and afternoon tea.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DCHPORTVENDRES
Reviewed 1 November 2011

If you want a good place to stay in the heart of Malaga - this iis it. Modern, all facillitites to a very fair price. Close to small bars and restaurants, shopping areas and the market in the heart of Malaga. Compared to the price you get more than expected and have all posibillites to get to know the heard of beatiful Malaga

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two nights during our two week stay in Malaga. We also stayed at another hotel across the street, also four star, and the difference in quality service and rooms was striking.
First off: when we got to the reception they were quite unfriendly. The employees barely spoke any English and they were also impatient about my Spanish. We asked for a quiet room, I am a light sleeper. They made it seem as if my request was a burden and impossible. When we got to the room, I immediately noticed that it smelled of cigarette smoke. I am not a smoker and had requested a non smoking room. Also, the air-conditioning was not functioning and very very noisy. I went back downstairs and after nasty looks in my direction and some Spanish amongst each other, they gave me a new room. The room however was across the hall and looked out over a very busy street with lots of traffic. My boyfriend went back downstairs and asked them for a non smoking room, with good air-conditioning on the quiet side of the hotel. They were very very unfriendly and scowled at him. Eventually they granted us a new room on the back side, a smoking room on the smokers floor!!!!
The hotel was not at all fully booked and there were other vacancies!
The rooms are fairly small, the beds hard like in most Spanish hotels and it all looked a bit dated. It's ok for two nights but you pay way too much for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank Dutchie85
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Personally I am a big fan of NH Hotels so I will try to keep this review nonbiased. This NH is in a superb location. You are 2 blocks from the market, which by the way is a must visit, one block from the El Corte Ingles and right on the center center edge.
This was the second time I have stayed there. The staff is so nice and helpful. I speak Spanish, but very rusty Spanish at the moment. They were very patient with me and helped my speaking skills. They were able to point out a lovely churros cafe nearby. They were also very helpful in getting a left behind item back to me.
The rooms themselves are very clean, spacious and some have a lovely views of the city center. There is a fitness center but there is to much to get out and do in this lovely city to have time to go to it. There is also a restaurant beside the lobby that serves a lovely cafe con leche in the morning. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the city center.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank stephola18
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This hotel is right across the river from the old part of Malaga. It is a quick and easy walk and if you need a break you can quickly walk back to the hotel. The staff is not very friendly, but it didn't affect my stay at all. The hotel is very clean and quiet with a lovely breakfast buffet that is a good value and a good way to start the day. The internet is very expensive to use, try an internet cafe! I was very pleasantly surprised at these accommodations and would stay there again. Loved the convenience to the train station, restaurants and tourist sites.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator, facing the river
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business