“Worth a visit”

Mariano El Rincon del Artista
Fife, Scotland
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food here, the service was excellent. I had house special salad to start - fantastic. Monkfish and prawns to follow, my wife had lovely entrecôte steak. Washed down with nice Rioja Blanco.

Sydney, Australia
“Menu choices not available - dissapointing”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Mariana is quite a formal restaurant, with smartly presented service staff, and a modern and interesting menu giving the impression of a very high end establishment, yet the prices seemed quite reasonable.

We were attended to quickly, and guided through the wine list, helping us to select a suitable choice.

A little while later we decided to order, which is where the problems started. I desired the quite tasty sounding Monkfish and King Prawn main course, but was advised that it wasn’t available. I moved onto to select Oysters, and was again told it wasn’t available. I decided at this point to simply ask the waiter which choice from the seafood menu was available that he could recommend, and he suggested the Cod dish. I was a little disappointed, but continued on.

The cod was served with sautéed potatoes, and was cooked to perfection in a beautiful sauce. Delicious, highly recommended. One of my dining companions ordered the Steak Entrecote and was a little disappointed, whilst he said the meat was tender and delicious inside, the outside was hard probably from grilling at too high temperature.

The popular dish appeared to be the house special Negro Paella, which was served from a hot plate at the table, if I return I may try this and report back.

In the end, I wasn’t especially impressed by this restaurant. It was a pleasant setting, with good service, but the lack of my seafood choices ruined the experience.

• Visited June 2012
Frigiliana, Spain
“An Excellent Meal To Round Off A Superb Evening”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We found this restaurant quite by chance when spending an evening in Malaga to see the Christmas lights. It made a fitting end to our evening. The warmth of the welcome from the Irish maitre d', the attention and efficiency of our waiter, the quality of the food and wine; all were first-rate.
Our only disappointment were the gaps in the wine list. Our first two choices were not available. However, it was three days before Christmas and a very busy time, so perhaps this was the reason.

• Visited December 2011
Cork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delightful gastonomic experience to be recommended”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This restaurant was a terrific find by asking in a local Pharmacy for a good place to eat! When we sat at our table outside only one other table was occupied but within 10-15 minutes the other tables were occupied, clearly other people "in the know" ! I had Monkfish and prawns while my companions shared a Paella, both dishes the best we'd had during a week touring Seville, Granada and Malaga. The only noises from our table was "Mmm.......Mmm....." !! Dessert was gorgeous , the Tiamisu truly light and delicious.........a great meal. House wine was good too! Not cheap, a definite treat, but not overly expensive either. Oh and the piano player played some nice funky music as well.!Will definitely go back next time I'm in Malaga!

• Visited October 2011