“Great value hotel 15 minutes walk to town centre”

Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel
Ranked #21 of 90 Hotels in Malaga
Edinburgh
“Great value hotel 15 minutes walk to town centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

We have used this modern hotel twice now.It is great value and if you are a MAS member you get a great breakfast at 50% off at just under 7 euro. The rooms are large with a table and teo easy chairs.If you are in town in the evening go to the roof top bar in Room Mate Larios at the top of the main shopping street.The alcazar & cathedral make a spectacular backdrop.The only negative to the Tryp is there is no pool, but this makes it great value for a long weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IJDW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at this Hotel only one night after arriving late from the Airport. It took us a while to find the hotel as we were in a car and there are lots of road works going on and one way roads. We parked in the main road which was free as long as we left before 9am. If you were staying, you would have to park in the Shopping mall parking and pay 5 euro's until 10am. Not sure what you do after that.
The staff were friendly and gave us great advice on where to eat so late at night.
The hotel room was sufficient, large bed which was fantastic. Ask for more pillows if you like a fuller pillow as the pillows were not great.
We had noisy neighbours which woke me up..can't blame that on the hotel, but maybe that could be due to thin walls, I am not sure.
The reason for choosing this hotel was the reviews on the breakfast, and we were not dissapointed. It was simple but delicious and felt it was definately worth the money we spent.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room if you are a Non smoker as they have Non-smoking floors
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Putney_Liz
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Great hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff, right in the center of Malaga. Breakfast is simple but nice. Although near a busy street the windows are double glazed so no noise at night. The staff were helpful at all times. I will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DennisGibraltar
Seoul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

POSITIVES
Reception was very friendly and accomodating.

Relatively close to airport. I think it cost around 22 EUROS from Malaga airport. We walked out of the airport at 11PM and was checked into the hotel by 11:30 PM.

Absolutely loved the breakfast. It was simple food but tasty. We didn't try the room service though because it was fairly expensive.

Location was ideal. Easy walking distance to the tourist attractions by foot. Bus station and train station within walking distance. Next to a few convenience stores and next to a shopping mall.

Furnishings were simple and very cosy but were a little aged. The room required a bit more cleaning and dusting but I guess I like my rooms super clean.

Bathroom was functional but most importantly CLEAN!

In room safe was a good thing. TV was flat panel but small.

NEGATIVES
Rooms were a little on the small side but didn't spend too much time in them except for sleeping.

Walls were a little on the thin side but it didn't disturb us too much.

They stuck two single beds together to form a large bed. The "bump" in the middle of the bed was annoying. However the beds were firm and comfortable.

I can't remember if WIFI was available.

The bath tub was extremely small. Thank goodness I didn't attempt to take a bath. The water pressure for the shower was wonderful though.

CONCLUSION
It was my first time at this hotel. I would recommend this place to my friends and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James L
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

This was our first visit to Malaga so we had no idea what to expect. We were there as a couple to experience Malaga and do the tourism thing. We choose Tryp Alameda due to the promising reviews on Trip Advisor and upgraded to a Premium Room which I would recommend due to the little difference in cost. The rooms were spotless and very spacious and the bathrooms immaculate. The housekeeping staff were extremely thorough and the hotel staff very pleasant and helpful to us - particularly as we cannot speak Spanish!

Breakfast was included in the price every morning and I would recommend taking this - a huge selection of hot and cold options are available every morning and are regularly replenished over the hours so the same food is not lying out all morning.

The only criticism I would make is that there is no outdoor area in the hotel (no balconies or terrace) to sit out and enjoy the sunshine, and there is nowhere relaxing in the immediate area to sit out and enjoy the sun due to the high buildings, heavy traffic and roadworks. There is a gym and a bar within the hotel, although these never seemed to be staffed.

In my opinion, due to the ammenities the hotel does/does not have this hotel is far more suited to business trips and short stays, rather than a vacation to Malaga. The surrounding area is quite office/residential based although there is an absolutely fantastic shopping centre attached to the hotel which a few hours could be spent in (it is all indoors however!). If you enjoy shopping, you'll love Malaga. A huge 7 story department store (El Corte Inglis) is also only a 5 min walk away.

Location-wise, the hotel is a short 10 minute walk to the main Tourist Centre (which is well worth a visit and where we spent most of our time) and a taxi is only 6 Euros each way. Although we felt safe walking this way, it wasn't very pretty and due to the roadworks was dusty. The hotel is also by a taxi rank, and very near the bus station and rail station.

Overall the hotel was fault-less; personally however we feel we should have been based nearer the tourist centre. However in my opinion our lack of knowledge before we visited Malaga was at fault here rather than the hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Premium Room - the difference in cost is not much per night!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Broons B
ayrshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Hotel was good, just a little out of the old town, a lot of busy main roads to cross. No tea/coffee facilities in room, which was a bit o a let down considering it was 4*. Smashing clean big bathroom, with soap, shower gel and hairdryer. Malaga old town was good during the day and totally buzzing at night, full of tappas bars and resturants. Not over priced as youd expect from a big city. had great w/end. Reception guy very helpful with bus and train info.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank calvinn17
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here in June when my holiday insurance company put me here due to my Mum being in the nearby hospital. Overall I was happy with my stay. Room was large, clean and kept cool with the air conditioning. They had put me in a smoking room on a smoking floor, but honestly I would never have known had they not told me.
Location was great with a large shopping centre minutes away. Pizza takeaway shop opposite hotel which you can order from your room for delivery. Taxi rank practically outside and an Internet cafe about 3 minutes walk away. Did not have breakfast or any meals in the hotel so cannot comment on them.
Overall a nice clean hotel in a good location. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo